markings

Kireyi

"But mother...."

"No my girl, you can tomorrow. I'd love for you to today, but it is not just for you and Aonung, many of the teens have been waiting for their ceremony," Her mother explained.

Kireyi sighed, turning away, "Alright...."

Gentle hands met her arms, rubbing them up and down in comfort, "I know you have missed Eleu, tomorrow you may spend the whole day there, today however, we have many to award for their hard work. Including you."

"I know, I apologize," Her ears fluttered, sticking close to the sides of her head.

"There is no need to apologize Kireyi, I understand how much you wanted to see Eleu," The young girl turned to face her mother, quickly taking her into a hug to stop herself from crying.

They'd been back home for three days, the first day they'd arrived around dinner, leaving little time to go explore. The second day Kireyi and her mother had been preparing the ceremony in time for the feast, and now today, they'd be proceeding with their warrior ceremonies.

This ceremony was more personal, the teenager's family would arrive, getting to see as they were officially claimed as warriors in the clan, then they'd get their first tattoo. With the amount of teens, the ceremony took almost a full day, leaving once again no time for Kireyi to go see her spirit sister.

Though she was disappointed, she couldn't help but let excitement fill her at the thought of finally becoming a warrior.... and gaining her very first tattoo.

"Sit now, let me finish your hair," Kireyi had wanted to take her braids out, but still incorporate the beads and shells Neteyam had spent so much time collecting for her. Her mother had no problem doing it, and quite honestly, the girl missed having her mother do her hair too.

A comfortable silence filled the humid air, Kireyi's mind wandering, "Mom?" Her mother hummed in response, easily braiding the girls hair, "How did you know.... that we became mates?"

"I could see how you both shined, a new light had surrounded the two of you," Gentle tugging indicating that she'd been weaving a bead into Kireyi's braid, and she turned to make it easier for her mother.

"Really?" Kireyi could feel her cheeks heat up, yet she was glad her mother noticed it so fast.

"Yes, I am happy for you my girl, truly."

It made Kireyi happy, hearing those words come from her mother. She hadn't realized her energy could've changed from mating, but she had wondered how strong it was, how it looked. Of course, perhaps her mother could only see it because she was Tsahik. Her mind traveled back to the night, thinking back on how much energy did fill her, yet a soft drowsiness lingered too. The two hadn't gone past kissing and cuddling, but it was more than enough for the girl, if anything- she was still in awe that they were mates now.

She giggled as her mother's hands raked through her hair, the feeling so light as ticklish, "I am done, go tell Aonung and Tsireya we will be starting the ceremony soon."

"Okay, thank you mother," Kireyi smiled before getting up to look for her siblings.

It hadn't taken long, the pair on the beach with Rotxo, "Kireyi!" Tsireya called out.

Waving back, she approached the group. Rotxo had been floating along the water, Aonung and Tsireya talking. It was all the usual, reminding the girl of their times together, just the four of them. Splashing Rotxo like normal he glared, Tsireya laughing at her sister's actions, "Mom said it is almost time."