swim

Kireyi

It was only their second day there, while Toruk Makto and his mate Neytiri awoke early, they allowed their children to sleep. It hadn't been an issue as the Chief's children hadn't come to retrieve them yet. The air was crisp and smelt slightly of salt from the surrounding water, none of the family ready for the air to turn humid later in the day. It had been another hour or so before Kireyi approached the pod peeking her head around the corner. Greeting the father and mother she whispered, "We are ready for lessons when they wake."

Neytiri immediately got up, "I'll have them up and ready in a few minutes."

"It's really alright.... they may sleep more if needed," The girl shuffled at the parent's gazes, tail low in embarrassment.

"Trust us, they will be okay," Their father reassured.

She nodded stepping back, "We will be waiting where they had their breathing lessons."

Their  mother softly smiled to the girl, kneeling to wake her children. Kireyi took it as her cue to leave, seeking the beach. The sand was cold to the touch in the mornings, it was calming, but could never compare to when it turned warm. Then it felt like a warm hug. Air pecked the girls skin with a soft chill, her hair partially moving with it. Her face drew a smile when she spotted her siblings and Rotxo. Tsireya and Aonung were talking, Rotxo in his own world floating on the water. 

"Are they on their way?" Tsireya smiled, she was excited.

Kireyi joined them in the water lightly splashing Rotxo, his eyes opened and he glared before closing them again, "Yes, give them a few."

Her brother sighed, and she rolled her eyes already knowing what was about to come out of the boy's mouth, "I don't get why we need to teach them, it isn't fair."

"Stop being so nasty Aon, they already have to deal with some of our clans displeasure."

He shrugged his shoulders, "Because they are weird," He glared, as if it was an obvious reason.

"Aonung stop it!" Tsireya scolded, "Since when was my brother so rude...."

That got the boy to shut himself up, ears lowering at her statement. Neither of the girls understood his recent behavior, their guess was his new friends. Either way they felt it was unacceptable, the two could only be thankful Rotxo hadn't gone around acting like their brother.

A small yell was heard in the distance, the Metkayina children looked over to see their guests. Rotxo still hadn't moved, Kireyi dragging him by the leg with her as he floated on his back.

"Hello everyone!" Tsireya said, her energy leaps and bounds higher than the group in front of her. Shoving Rotxo into the water he stood up, eyes wide. 

The little one, Tuk, giggled at the sight, pointing Neteyam to look as he held her. The beach started to warm up since it was nearly lunchtime, "We'll work on your swimming technique today, and then we will prepare you lunch!"

Aonung was about to complain, Kireyi smacking him before his words could leave. 

Tsireya stepped forward grabbing one of the boy's hands, "I will teach Lo'ak!" The group exchanged silent looks, the girl was obvious about the way she had taken a liking to him, yet none of them interfered letting them go.

Tuk tapped her brother's arm, "Let me go with Kireyi! Please Teyam let me go, let me go!"

"Mawey Tuk.... I will let you," He set his sister down and she jumped towards the older girl grasping her leg. 

"Uhm.... I can take Kiri?" Rotxo had questioned himself more than announced, he looked to the darker girl waiting for her response. She had semi-rolled her eyes, following him either way.