ends meet

Kireyi

Currents pushed and pulled around the girl, hugging her with such a cool but soft bite. Her lashes fluttered against the water, eyes trailing between Neteyam and the tree ahead of her. She'd been on Alayua's back, the Ilu racing through the water towards the spirit tree. It excited Kireyi, getting to see her sister once more, feel her around her. Other than her parents, she'd missed Eleu the most too, she didn't feel the Tulkan's spirit in the forest water, but here.... it was so strong. It'd been close to eclipse, the two racing and circling through the water on their Ilu.

The glimmering light from afar told Kireyi they were close, the girl resurfacing with her Ilu. Neteyam joined her, "We are close."

Nodding he followed her as they approached the cove, Alayua coming just a few seconds away from the tree before letting the girl off. Kireyi waited, allowing herself to float as Neteyam got off of his own Ilu.

Taking his hand, she made sure he took a deep breath before diving under with her. It felt foreign and at home all at the same time, she recognized the tree, the colors and warmth it gave off; yet as she sat and stared it seemed brighter than she remembered, bigger too. Looking to Neteyam, she took his hand into her own, softly squeezing it- though, whether it was for his or her reassurance was the real question.

He faintly nodded, leading her closer to the tree, closer and closer, until her hand cusped the coral leaf. It was silky under her touch, and even without her Queue connected she could feel the tree's energy. It pulsed in the water, waves of serene spirit running through and around her. She looked to Neteyam again, their hands still clasped together, and the nod he gave her was more than enough.

Reaching back, Kireyi took her Queue, bringing it forward until it connected with the tree. And that was it. Energy filled the girl, it was light and joyous- she knew it was Eleu. It only took a few more seconds before songs filled the water around her, her sister's voice so prominent, so real. Next thing she knew, she was with Eleu.

The Tulkun looked just as Kireyi remembered, and she wanted to cry at the sight. It'd been the first time Eleu showed herself, only ever singing songs for the girl when she visited.

Hello sister.
Kireyi watched Eleu's eyes squint to smile, the girl rushing forward to hug her sister. It all felt so real, to the point she knew that it would hurt when she disconnected, not knowing if the feeling would stick with her or not. Kireyi hadn't moved from the Tulkan's side, simply taking in her presence, feeling her heartbeat, feeling her warmth that was so wrongfully stolen from her sister. It wasn't until she hummed again that Kireyi backed away,
Let me see you, I haven't heard from you in so long.

Kireyi's head tilted to the side, needing to force herself to sign,
I miss you.

Don't fret, I am here, I always will be. Tell me about your adventures, I know you have been gone.

Swimming forward, Kireyi took Eleu's fin, hugging and resting her head against it for a few seconds.
The forest was beautiful Eleu, I learned so much.

What about you and the forest boy?

Kireyi paused, looking to her sister. Emotions ranging from longing to happiness filled the girl. She was mated with Neteyam now, telling Eleu would be amazing. But here, now, she only wanted to hug her sister, take in her warmth instead of talking.
We are mated now, it is done.

Her sister sang in thrill, happy for the young girl. Kireyi couldn't help but smile, missing how much she would talk to Eleu,
I just want you back. I want my sister back.

Eleu let out a gentle hum in response,
I know, but I am here, I am watching over you through the water. I always will be.

Kireyi took the Tulkan's fin again, feeling the warmth radiate off her skin, the liveliness of her spirit. And all she wanted was for her sister to come back to her. Sitting here now though, she could see how at peace Eleu was, and that fact continued to keep Kireyi at bay too.
You have so many on your side little one, including Neteyam now too.