beginnings

Song and dance filled the beach through the celebration, and Eclipse hadn't been close to finished. Kireyi had sat along the edge of the people, knees to her chest- watching them all move to the music. Her eyes trailed to the boy approaching and she eased, his presence already comforting her.

He sat close to her, arm flush against her own, "You did so well," Neteyam whispered close to her ear, not yet asking if she was alright.

She looked to him, and his eyes were a soft hue of pink from crying, the girl didn't want to know how bad her own eyes were, and she moved her head onto his shoulder, "Thank you."

"How did you feel? How do you feel?" His voice was soft, as if he spoke any louder she would silence, no longer wanting to speak.

Kireyi enjoyed the boys warmth, thinking for a little, "I was anxious, and it hurt."

His head slowly rested onto her own, "And now?"

"Now...." She soothed with the feeling of his tail brushing her back, "Now I am peaceful I think. She is resting in the arms of Eywa." Kireyi silenced, her ears filling with the sound of the village's song again. The longer she sat in the boy's embrace, the more she wanted to cry. She did not feel sad, but the longing to see her sister again rang through her mind like the drums in the background. Small tears pecked her cheeks, yet it hadn't hurt this time, she knew it would be her final cry, fully getting out the last of her emotions, "You cried," She chuckled through her own tears.

"Yeah.... I did," Neteyam laughed with the girl as she teased him. Kireyi's arm went cold as he moved away to look at her face, finger's lightly brushing away her tears, and fixing her hair. He inched closer, and Kireyi closed her eyes not knowing what he would do next. Her ears were now hyper-focused on the noise- cheek taking in the warmth of the boy's hand. Her skin filled with goosebumps at the delicate touch of his lips on her eyelids. From one to another, he lightly kissed each eye, and she could feel his warmth pull away. Kireyi's eye's fluttered open to see Neteyam looking at her, "I will help your tears Ma Reyi, always."

His thumb brushed over her eyelash, drying the residue from her tears, and she couldn't bring herself to do anything but look at him. Everything about Neteyam had been so sweet and caring from the start, she was more than grateful to have him. Her head made way to his shoulder again, and they sat in a tranquil silence, watching the other's celebrate through the night.

。・:*˚:✧。

Every day after a ceremony resulted in a rest day for the clan, and it was also the final day before Kireyi and her siblings warrior training.  

"Tell me everything," She urged.

"Starting when...." Her younger sister sat and thought for a few seconds.

"Well, we last talked a few days ago about him taking care of you, what's changed?"

Kireyi took her turn thinking, "Hm.... well, when my foot had almost healed, he took me out on his Ikran, that's the same night mom brought us up."

"Do you think it's because he stayed with you after the sky-people came?"

Looking down in embarrassment, the older girl shook her head, "No...."

"Then what is it?" Tsireya moved closer to her sister, and her blue eyes were wide with anticipation. Kireyi couldn't help but flush pink at the reason; it had been such a tacky reason.

She looked up to her sister; her lashes had seemed longer with how wide her eyes were, "Eleu told on me.... mother said she'd known for a while."

Turning even pinker at her sister's reaction, she wanted to hide herself. Tsireya was obviously trying to decide whether to laugh or console Kireyi, and she got stuck in the middle, "I'm so sorry! I do not mean to laugh," She covered her mouth to stifle her laughter, something she learned to take after her older sister for.