goodbyes

3 months. It had felt more like a quick week looking back on it, the reality of leaving sinking in. Despite the repetition, it was bittersweet for everyone. While the Metkayina would get to see their home again, the Sullys getting to see their father- it meant no longer being in the forest, and leaving the forest without Spider once more. Perhaps that was the most heart wrenching part about it all to the family, not that they'd be leaving a place they've learned they could visit again, but that they'd be leaving without a member of their family once more.

Sunlight blanketed the boy's back through the leaves, or... whatever of his back it could. Neteyam held a few bags including his bow around his shoulders and back, his little sister Tuk snug in his arms. Normally this would be an easy task, but with the added weight of the bags, it became daunting. That wasn't even adding Tuk's weight either, the once small girl was growing in height, and she was growing fast. It was normal for her age, many of the Na'vi growing dramatically from ages eight to ten as their first growth spurt; speaking of her age too, meant she still wanted to be carried and held.

The older boy hadn't minded though, still able to easily carry her. Right now he blamed the bags and their weight, carrying both Tuk's and his bag.

The two had been standing together, staring at their "home" of a hut once more before having to officially leave. They'd heard the other's and their loud game of tag in the back, yet they still took the moment with one another, reveling in the fact they'd be leaving once more. Both of their eyes moved in unison, trailing along the walls and flooring of the hut, examining the sunlight which peaked through the woven cracks.

Finally the young girl let out a big sigh, signs of excitement and dread filling her, "Okay! I'm ready Nete," Her small hands began to mess with the feather in his hair, the girl's wide eyes watching as her brother continued to look forward for a second more, "Are you ready?"

He turned his head, a soft smile on his lips, "Hm, let's go to the others now yeah?"

Tuk's face immediately lit up, "Yes! I want to play tag with them!"

Neteyam proceeded forward, placing the bags down and hitching Tuk onto his back. The others had already been giving each other piggy backs, basically in teams as they ran around. Lo'ak and Kiri were together, Tsireya and Rotxo, and Kireyi and Aonung being the final pair. The six had already been running around crazy, a squeal coming from Tsireya the second Kiri and Lo'ak cornered them, "Come on Rotxo! Go left you have to go left!!"

"I'm trying!" He shouted back.

Kireyi and Aonung had been laughing hysterically, watching from farther away as Kiri and Lo'ak continued to cave in, only a foot away from tagging the pair.

"Rotxo! Run! Just Run!" Tsireya had been tapping on his shoulders with urgency, everyone laughing as Rotxo frantically looked around, "Left Rotxo-"

With a quick tag, Tsireya yelled in annoyance, Rotxo shyly apologizing as he held her. Yet it didn't take long for her focus to shift, the younger girl turning to Kireyi and Aonung. Her older siblings immediately shut their mouths of laughter, Kireyi already telling Aonung to run.

"Faster Rotxo- after them!"

"Okay okay! I'm trying," He let out a high scream back go Tsireya, chasing after Kireyi and Aonung in an earnest attempt.

"You skxawng we cant get past this!" Kireyi sighed, shaking her brother's shoulders.

"It's fine we can go this way-" Taking a big step to the left, the boy hadn't noticed the drop in the soil and grass. It happened in a split second, both of the siblings on the ground, Aonung's whole body weight on top of Kireyi.

"Ow! Get off of me Aon!" Kireyi tried her best to shove her brother off, but his weight was too much, the boy still out of it from the fall. And then he began to laugh, the reality settling as Kireyi continued to struggle to get him off, "Get off of me skxawng- you are too heavy."

Aonung's laughter stopped, turning to his sister with a glare, but he was already met with her own glare, "What are you glaring at? You called me heavy!"

"And you wont get off of me! You are heavy!" She shoved his waist again, the bow sprawled out horizontally across her stomach.

"No. Now I don't wanna move- I hope I crush you," He laid his head back, the top of it touching the grass.

"Aonung! Get off of me-" Kireyi yelled.

"No!"

Rotxo stepped towards the two, taking Aonung's hands and pulling him up off of Kireyi, "Come of children. No need to argue!!"

Kireyi and Aonung looked to one another, then to Rotxo, "Yeah. Get him."

The siblings jumped after the boy, tackling him to the ground as he screamed for someone to help him, "I'm not ready to die! Help me- Tsireya!"

The younger girl however laughed at the boy, watching as Kireyi and Aonung tickled him. Tuk was quick to get out of Neteyam's grasp, running between the two and Rotxo, "I'll save you Rotxo!"

The boy hugged Tuk in a playful manner, "My savior!"

She giggled, letting out a squeal as Kireyi picked Tuk up and onto her back, running around as if they were Ikrans flying high in the air. They all continued the small game, running and chasing after one another until Neytiri arrived.

"Come on, it is time to go," The mother leaned down as Tuk jumped into her arms, still laughing from their game.

Then they headed to home tree, where they'd say their final goodbyes before leaving back for the sea. Many eyes laid on the family, just like when they first arrived. Olo'eyktan and Tsahik had awaited them in the heart of the tree, the family greeting the two.

"Tarsem, mother, I see you," Neytiri swiped her hand away from her brow, "We thank you for allowing us to stay, we must leave now."

"You all are welcome back at any point in time, do not hesitate to look for us," Tarsem, the Olo'eyktan, spoke. His eyes trailed to Tsahik, giving a slight nod.

The teens watched as Tsahik approached Neytiri, whispering something into her ear. The mother's face lit up, "Really?"

Tsahik only nodded in reassurance, accepting the words of grace from her daughter. Kireyi stuck close to Neteyam as his mother and grandmother spoke, "Are you ready?" She whispered.

He leaned down, lowering his own voice, "Yeah, I actually am," And it was the truth. He hadn't felt anxious, if anything he felt ready- he felt okay.

The two smiled to each other, realizing it was finally time to leave. Tsahik approached the two, placing a hand on both of their shoulders, "You two have grown so much during your time here. I know it will only continue," She pulled them into a tight hug, and they knew she wasn't speaking on their physical growth, but their mental and emotional growth, "Go catch up, call your Ikran young ones."

Tsahik gave each one final hug before leading them forward. And they called for their Ikran, heading back to the Metkayina.