spider

Kireyi

"So you think something is wrong?"

"Yes.... and I don't know what to do, he won't come to anything and has been sticking in the forest most of the time," The young girl said.

Kireyi grasped her shoulder, softly rubbing it back and forth, "I'm sure being with the sky-people just brought some new emotions, maybe he needs some time."

"I hope that's all, you've even seen it, he's been nowhere near us lately," Kiri sulked, and Kireyi couldn't deny it. Ever since she saw the human boy while her and Neteyam had been healing, she had only seen him maybe two times after that; one of them being at her ceremony. He couldn't train with everyone on the beach, but even at the festival he didn't show up. Though, something just rubbed her the wrong way when it came to Spider, he seemed sweet, but she knew something wasn't fully correct. She felt horrible for her friend Kiri, as she had been nonstop worrying about him.

"Yeah, perhaps you should try and talk to him some more. I understand that you have, but you never know when he might speak up," Kireyi tried to make light of the situation, not fully knowing what to say for once.

Kiri sighed, "You're right, thank you Kireyi."

"I just hope things go well, come tell me what happens alright?" Kireyi hugged the younger girl, they had been sitting out on the beach together. Training had finished early today, so the rest of their time was spent doing what they would like. The sun warmed the island, making the air around everyone hot and humid. The two released their hug, and Kireyi watched the girl walk off towards her pod. She softly sighed, unease filled her about the whole situation, yet she had no actual reason as to why. That's what seemed to frustrate her the most. She laid back, fully placing herself against the warming sand. She had been so busy lately, her point of view on Rotxo became higher too as the boy would go to training, do chores, and still make time for everything else. She had been tired enough after training that her tasks around the village became tedious.

With the sounds of children playing and waves rushing back and forth along the sand Kireyi's thoughts emptied, and she slowly drifted into sleep. She hadn't known how long it had been before a small hand touched her arm, her eyes fluttered open to see a young girl looking at her. It was Tuk.

"Oh, sorry Kireyi...." Her head was practically over Kireyi's in curiosity.

"It's alright little one, are your classes over?" Kireyi sat up, and Tuk crawled into the older girls lap.

"Yes! I learned about the coral today," She giggled, her tail waving in excitement.

The older girl brushed back Tuk's hair, she hadn't gotten to bond with the young one in a while, "Is that so? Have you been making friends too?"

Tuk immediately nodded, "There's Ser'iuka and uhm- there's Psalu too!"

"That is great, they treat you well, yes?"

"Of course, we even have matching bracelets!" She held her hand up, a proud look painting her sweet features, "I was wondering.... could you help me make them some more?"

Kireyi smiled nodding, "Do you have your shells and thread?"

"Yes I do! Mom helped me collect some earlier," She rummaged through the little bag she started to carry around everywhere, pulling out a small clustered mess of shells and seaweed thread. Dropping it onto the sand beside the two she giggled, embarrassed of how knotted it all became.

"Give me some, we can easily unravel it," Kireyi reassured, "Have you learned of the meanings of purple shells?"

"Uhmm... it is friendship right? Like harmony," The little girl's big eyes bore into Kireyi's waiting for a response.