forgiveness

Kireyi

As they proceeded to eat dinner, Kireyi in particular felt drowsy, the day had been so long, seemingly never ending. Her own, and many of the other's eyes were red from all of the crying. The slim facial features of her face felt soft and puffy, her arm throbbing from her gash. And her mind.... still trying to wrap itself around the fact that Spider was gone, that to herself- it was all her fault.

Aonung practically fed the girl, and her back laid flush against his chest, his arms wrapped around her in a comforting way. It was so similar to how her father would hold her, both of them knew it, and perhaps it was the reason Aonung didn't fuss over it. Though even with how it reminded the girl of her father, she desperately just wanted her brother's consolation. Now he acted as the older sibling, despite them being the same age, "Open Reyi."

She turned back to her brother, another small spoonful of food ready, taking the bite she nuzzled farther into his chest, "Thank you Nung...."

"Hm," He hadn't said anything else, as everyone was still around them, and Kireyi silently thanked him for that. She was grateful for her brother, she had been so close to Tsireya, but Aonung and Kireyi could practically read each other's minds sometimes. They all finished eating, and Tsireya joined her siblings, laying her head against Kireyi's calf. Rotxo leaned himself on Aonung's shoulder, now most of the family had fallen asleep, only the eldest awake. Neteyam, Aonung, and Kireyi- that hadn't included Neytiri who had left to speak with Tsahik.

Kireyi's eyes latched onto Neteyam's, he sat not far across the hut, but he knew to leave her with Aonung for now. He softly nodded in acknowledgement, and Kireyi gladly returned it. Aonung had finally spoke up too now, "Are you alright?"

The girl took a deep breath, she'd been trying to figure that out all day, "It is my fault...."

"What? What is?"

"Spider's death, it is my fault Aon...." Kireyi could feel her emotions rise again, trying to hold back the tears.

"How? If you think it is because of your dream hunt that is nonsense- you didn't even know enough until the moment of. You had tried your best to get him away Reyi, in the end he made that choice to run...." Silence followed her brother's words, and she stared down at her hands.

"He is right...." Neteyam whispered, he was loud enough for the two to hear him speak, not to the point he'd wake anyone though, "No one blames you Kireyi."

Her eyes flickered between her hands and Neteyam, she couldn't bring herself to turn and look at her brother, "I blame me...."

"Kireyi...." Her brother sighed, he wrapped his arms around her, rocking her back and forth, "Nothing about this was your fault."

"But- I knew...." She shuttered at the images flashing in her head, "I saw Spider, I felt great mother's warning."

"But you also did not know what was to truly happen," Neteyam added, "We all did our best, and Ma Reyi- you were held against Quaritch's knife. Your life was on the line too."

Her brows scrunched in a look of plead, like what her brother and Neteyam was really true, "He does not blame me right? He wouldn't?"

She stared at Neteyam now, him being the one who would know that answer, "Never. That is not the person Spider was." Their eyes stayed connected, Kireyi subconsciously looked for any sign of a lie, but she couldn't find anything. Either way, she was so tired, her body, mind- everything, "Rest up now okay?"

"Hm...." Kireyi snuggled closer to her brother, "Thank you for being my pillow Aon."

The boy chuckled, "It is no problem skxawng."

⋆·˚ ༘ *

"Kireyi.... it is time to wake," Her ears twitched at the voice, yet she was still too drowsy to tell who it was. The soft touch along her arm gave it away, Neteyam. She groaned in disapproval, and he gently lifted her onto what she assumed was his lap, "Ma Reyi.... everyone is gone to communal breakfast already, we must join them."

"No...." The girl's eyes were still shut as she placed her hands around Neteyam's waist. She could feel the sting around her eyes, most likely from all of the crying from the day before.

"Please, you need to see my grandmother too...." A hand trailed over her hair and she hummed in approval now.

"Why?" Her voice was a mumbled mess as she spoke against his stomach, "I change my mind.... I want to be with you."

"Ma Reyi...." He cooed.

"Ma Teyam."

"What if I stay with you? Then will you come with me?" He offered the idea, and Kireyi thought about it for a while.

"I guess...." She squeezed his waist once more, "Where did Aon go?"

"He just went to eat with the others, I said I would stay back and wake you," In reality it was a little white lie. Though most of it was true, the moment Kireyi had fallen asleep the night before, Aonung pushed her off of himself, claiming his arms and legs were asleep.

"Oh... alright."

"Come, let's go eat okay?" She grew cold as Neteyam gently removed her arms, lifting her to sit up straight and stand.

Before they stepped out of the hut however, she stopped the boy, "How is.... how is Lo'ak and Kiri? And Tuk- and you...."

She could feel her chest squeeze thinking about Spider's passing, and more so about her friends feelings on the matter. Not meaning to, she let out a breath of relief when his fingers laced through her hair, "They are alright, grieving like any normal person, but they will be okay."

Her guilty eyes met his tender ones, and her voice cane out light, "And you?"

"Ma Reyi...." He took her into a hug, tight and warm- and oh.... everything that somehow made every worry of hers falter. Disappear even. His voice layering over her thoughts so delicately, even though they were so simple, "I am okay, I swear."

"You swear...." She physically seemed to melt in his touch, and Neteyam had to hold her up just a little as he hugged her.

"I swear."