surprise

Neteyam

Three weeks. Only three weeks were left until him and his family would head back to his home for three months. He didn't know what to feel, of course excitement rushed through him. But they hadn't known what to do with Spider yet, so there was that added stress to it all. That was not speaking of the war parties.... and Quaritch. He tried brushing it away, on the brighter side he'd be back home. The boy would finally get to see his family again, and teach Kireyi and her siblings his own customs. Plus, the situation with Spider had seemed a little better, Kiri and Lo'ak being open to the human again. 

Though the two were still closed off, they had spoken to him more, also making sure he was fed and other things. Neteyam hadn't pushed, believing the two could make their own decisions, and as they were the ones closer to Spider if they were going to change for spider. He would too.

"So you really get to ride them?" 

"Ughhhh, Kiri he won't listen!" Tuk complained, already needing to explain once more, "It is an Ilu of course I do!" She hissed at Spider, glaring at him, but it wasn't very intimidating with her big doe eyes.

Kiri, though trying to act distanced from Spider slightly chuckled at the two. Tuk was much like Neteyam, she trusted her siblings choices, and with Neteyam also following their behavior, she did too. Tuk made way to Neteyam, crawling into his lap. She muttered small nothings, and Neteyam also chuckled.

"It is not funny Teyam, I am going to be a strong warrior now that I get to ride the animals," Her arms were crossed, tail digging into the boys leg.

"You're right Tuk-Tuk, the strongest," He praised the girl despite it all being funny. She only wanted to be like her siblings- strong warriors. So praise from them always felt the best.

"Could you guys take me on one?" Kiri and Lo'ak looked to each other, and silence filled the air. Neteyam and Tuk silently watched, their sibling's next choice would be a big step; and of course the two would follow.

"Well, yeah. Sure bro," Lo'ak was the one to answer for him and Kiri, the the silent air now brought a new feeling. Things were changing for the best, and everyone knew that. 

Neteyam leaned down as Tuk looked up to him, "Are they good again?" She whispered into his ear.

"They are getting there," At that sentence Tuk's tail started swaying in joy.

"That's good!" She smiled, and Neteyam returned the expression, brushing his hands through her hair. 

Kireyi and her siblings approached them on the beach, Rotxo already cheering, "Hi Kiri!" He ran over, plopping next to the girl. It was a normal occurrence now, and so was Kiri rolling her eyes.

"Hey bro," Aonung softly shoved Neteyam's head forward, the two always roughhousing with each other.

"Yup, hi to you too," He somewhat glared, though Aonung knew he wasn't serious.

Kireyi also sat next to Neteyam leaving the boy between the two eldest, and Tsireya beside Lo'ak. Tuk was quick to abandon her brother, moving into Kireyi's lap, "Hi little one," The older girl smiled.

"I heard you have another test soon!" The little girl played with Kireyi's beaded shirt, waiting for her to respond.

"Who told you?" She whispered, and Tuk giggled hurriedly looking to Aonung then back to Kireyi.

"I am not supposed to say...." She continued to giggle, glancing to Aonung several times. Neteyam softly chuckled at his sister, the young girl not realizing how obvious she was being.

"Hmmm.... not even for some new shells?" 

Tuk paused, sincerely thinking over the question, her temptation winning, "It was Nung!"