words

Neteyam

"Look at them, their eyes!" Zeuke was snickering to Hafyae, only loud enough to bother Neteyam. And perhaps Lo'ak, if they could rile him up just right.

Neteyam couldn't believe them, Kireyi wasn't far off with Kiri from the boys, and if they spoke even the slightest bit louder, they'd hear. His eyes trailed Hafyae's quick strides to Kireyi, and Lo'ak finally realized something was wrong, "Bro. What's up with you?"

Spider came out of nowhere, head popping over Neteyam's shoulder, "Yeah dude, you look out of it...."

Both boy's followed where his eyes gazed, locking onto Hafyae near Kireyi, "Jealous?" Lo'ak asked.

Neteyam glared at his brother, sighing as he tried to cover up any emotions, "No.... he has been bothering us again."

"Oh, you'd think he'd at least change some...." Spider judged Hafyae now, "You gonna do anything?"

His eyes watched as what started as Hafyae started as talking normally, to suddenly touching Kireyi. Her hair, arms, practically judging anything different about her than the Omatikaya. Zeuke approached too, beginning with Kiri, though nothing was different about the girl. Neteyam had already been on his way over by then, Lo'ak too, both shoving the boys of the girls, "Back off."

"What? We were just joking around bro," Zeuke put his hands up in defeat, but Neteyam knew he wasn't done. The boys obviously felt because Neteyam and his family left that they were less than now, and they grew bold because of that. Doing things out in the open.

"I don't get it.... Olo'eyktan's son goes to the water for what? One? Two months? And he's already a mess! Fell off the deep end for some freak," Hafyae chuckled, and Zeuke didn't try to hide his laughter.

"No you forgot! They're all freaks- with their weird arms," Zeuke tried to approach Kireyi to hold out her arm, but when Neteyam stood in front of the girl he aimed for Kiri next, "Their weird hands!"

"Let go-" Kiri yanked her hand from the boy's grasp, Lo'ak now standing to block her view to the boys.

"You're not funny," Lo'ak glared.

The two boys looked to each other, still laughing- taunting. "I don't know.... I'd say we are! That's right though, you fell for one of them too. A freak for a freak," Hafyae's eyes held power, amusement even.

Zeuke had forced himself around Lo'ak, near Kireyi as his hands went to mock her arms again. Neteyam moved so he could step in front, but Kireyi was already hissing at the boy. Zeuke laughed, "She's feisty."

His arm reached out again to mess with her, "Don't touch her Zeuke."

"Or what," Hafyae pressed a finger against Neteyam's chest in defiance.

"He said don't touch her, that goes for Kiri too," Lo'ak shoved Hafyae away from his brother.

"Your getting freak all over me."

Neteyam took in a sharp breath, he knew that one line was Lo'ak's final button, he couldn't even stop the younger boy in time as he punched Hafyae, "We said not to fucking touch them!" Lo'ak was on top of Hafyae now, one punch after another.

Neteyam immediately advanced forward as Zeuke tried to touch Lo'ak, and instead Neteyam became him target. He couldn't believe they were getting into a fight on their second day back home, but what else were they supposed to do.... sit there and take it? Zeuke had a strong approach towards Neteyam, but he wasn't fast enough, thrown to the ground in a mere second by Neteyam. He didn't have time to help Lo'ak, too busy dealing with Zeuke, but as he heard familiar grunts of pain he knew his brother was probably getting some hits. Neteyam received a few too, either from the branches or Zeuke- he couldn't tell in the moment. Right now, he didn't even want to think about how Kireyi and Kiri were reacting, if they too were angry, scared, perhaps even laughing at the stupidity of the fight.

It seemed his thoughts were heard, because as he looked to check on his brother he was safe behind Kireyi, the girl squatted low with her blade out. Hafyae was back against the ground, breathing heavily as Kireyi hissed at him, "What? You can't do anything to me," Hafyae growled.

Neteyam's punches stopped for a moment, eyes lurking between Hafyae and Kireyi, and in an instance he lunged at the girl, but her blade didn't take much time before it was at his neck. He stilled and her mouth got close to his ear. Kireyi's eyes bored into Neteyam's, tilting her chin at the boy about to lunge at him. His attention immediately switched back, Zeuke however was a little faster, and Neteyam was back on the ground, hard hits to his face. He knew he could gain control of the fight easily, but Kireyi's threatening voice loomed through his ears. Neteyam couldn't even try to focus on Zeuke on top of him, "Tell him to stop."

"Or what?" Despite the knife at his neck, Hafyae's voice was challenging, though- it didn't last.

"I will cut." The blade dug slightly deeper, the sharp point drawing a drop of blood from Hafyae's neck.

"You wouldn't."

Her grip on his arm tightened, and a high pitched swoosh could be heard from the blades speed, Hafyae immediately screamed out, "Okay! Stop it Zeuke!!"

Neteyam could finally look over, a long cut in the boy's shoulder, crimson blood dripping down his arm slowly. Kireyi's knife met the boy's neck again, "Do not come near us again. Neither of you."

Lo'ak stood up, gently resting his shoulder onto Kireyi's, she let go of Hafyae, allowing Lo'ak to take over. Hafyae was on the ground, and Neteyam's brother couldn't help but snicker, "Finally getting what you deserve."

Neteyam shoved Zeuke off of himself, smearing the blood on his cheek in attempt to clean it up. Kireyi took no time to check on him, his injuries and blood that continuously dripped.

"Right, don't worry about telling Olo'eyktan, we'll do it for you!" Kiri stuck her tongue out at the boys, making way to Lo'ak. The two boys got up, running off into the forest.

Neteyam's eyes stuck to Kireyi, she placed her blade back into it's cover on her hip, both of her hands trailing his body. Her touch was gentle, feeling over the harsh cuts, the areas he would bruise. Her eyes were full of worry, and he knew it wasn't for herself, but for him, "We need to get you ointment...."

Oh and her voice.... her voice was so sweet, tender. He could never get over her voice. Neteyam could never get over her. Over Kireyi. She pushed back his hair to look at the cut across his forehead, and his pain seemed to vanish at her warm touch. In reality, everything seemed to vanish, his body felt on fire, everything felt so strange- weird. And then black was all he could see.