accident

The girls stepped forward, looking at each other, they smiled- both were excited to see what would happen. Kireyi knew Kiri would take more time; she moved with quick, sly movements, so to keep that from happening, she'd have to finish the fight fast. The two stared at each other for a few seconds; Kiri softly placed her hand onto her blade, ready to take it out in an instant. The lighter blue girl already had her knife out, though she held it upside down so the blades cover was flush against her arm instead of the handle.

"You ready?" Kiri asked, her tone light.

"Hm, whenever you are!" The girl exclaimed, although she kept her eyes locked on Kiri. If anything happened, she'd be ready. Her ear twitched as she noticed Kiri's leg move, the girl ran forward and past Kireyi; instead of choosing to dodge, Kireyi took her by the arm. She saw Neteyam's move and took a liking to it, so she tried it herself; unlike the boy, she made sure her side wasn't open for Kiri to hit. Bringing her knee up for extra support, she was able to bring Kiri down to the ground and immediately brought her hand, holding her knife to sit tight on the girl's armpit. Although it wasn't a traditional "critical" spot, in an actual situation, if the knife cover was off, it'd be a cut straight through the shoulder.

Kiri looked at her in shock, and Kireyi smiled back, "That was quick...." Kiri stated.

"Well, if I let you fight for a longer timeframe, you'd only grow faster," She said, watching Tsireya and Kiri fight. Both of them had similar styles. They'd start slow and gain speed the longer it went on; that's what made them good. Helping the girl up, she pat her on the arm.

"Interesting, well, beat Nete for me too," Kiri winked.

Tonowari called the boy up, and now it was the last dual before officially starting training, "Keep each other's weight in mind, it could help you," He told the two.

Kireyi stood in the same ready position- instead of eyeing Neteyam, she looked back to the shore; earlier, as she arrived, there had been a big knot of seaweed in the water, and she knew she'd needed some leverage to win.

She placed her knife back onto her hip freeing her hands, the boy looked at her confused, and she now kept her eyes on his own. She stuck a ready stance, slowly making her way toward him, but as she ran off, she dodged Neteyam, diving forward into the water. He followed, thinking it was just a small chase to beat her, but as she clung to the seaweed, she gained the exact advantage she was after. Grabbing her ankle, Neteyam harshly pulled, bringing her towards him, but he didn't realize it gave her leeway to get him with the seaweed. They hadn't been deep in the water; if anything, they could easily touch the sand; Neteyam tried to use this to his advantage. However, since he pulled her back to the shallow water, she closed the space between them; her leg was still in his left hand, so she bent her knee to bring her closer. He let go at the action, and she wrapped the same hand with the seaweed; pulling hard, she tightened the hold around his wrist, also bringing herself up and behind him. He fell forward, and she held him down into the sand; the water calmed as they stopped moving.

Tapping the water softly, she let go; his face had been underwater, and he was covered in sand. She cupped water washing his face off, and untying his hand, "Sorry...."

"You got your ass handed Neteyam!!" Lo'ak screamed, and with a slight glare from Tonowari, the boy immediately apologized, "Sorry, sir."

Kiri and Tsireya laughed at the interaction and Kireyi continued to help Neteyam up. He looked at her in shock; he knew she'd think smart but hadn't expected any of what she did. The boy simply sat there, allowing Kireyi to wash his face off, though it wasn't a big act, he enjoyed the gentle touch as she wiped off the sand from his face and hair.

"You all did good," Tonowari stated, although he looked slightly disappointed, "I want you all to keep practicing like this with each other, a quick match is alright, but the longer you all can last against one another will show me how much you start to grow."