death

Kireyi

Her eyes were wide at the sight, and what she thought was sobbing before wasn't even close to how she had been crying now. Kiri rushed to the human boy, Lo'ak hurriedly running to approach, "No- no Spider please!"

"It's fine, I'm fine," His voice was so soft Kireyi could barely even hear it. The strong smell of blood surrounding her as if to taunt her.

"You should've left! You shouldn't have come back," Kiri choked over her words, Spider had laid in her arms now as she hunched over.

"Kiri-"

"Why didn't you listen!" Lo'ak now kneeled beside Spider, and Kireyi could only watch it all. She had sat in Neteyam's arms as the boy rocked her back and forth, trying to calm her down. Everything was blurry, blood and tears blocking her view, "W-what happened?"

Tsireya let out a cry, "He- he ran after you guys when you went to help Kireyi, we were so far we couldn't stop him in time."

"I said I would," The boy groaned in pain, "I would give my life you guys. It is okay."

What Kireyi couldn't see for a while was Tsireya holding Lo'ak, Aonung and Rotxo softly crying behind them. Neytiri, settled behind Kiri and Spider, brushing her hands over both of their heads, trying to calm them down. All she could feel was the warmth of her blood in contrast of the cold air, the warmth from Neteyam as he held Kireyi flush against his skin. And she held onto the boy's arms as if she would die if she didn't. Despite everything, her sobs were the loudest there for a split second, "Please just- Am I okay? Are we okay?"

Kiri and Lo'ak began to cry even louder, Lo'ak reassuring the boy, "We're okay- we couldn't ever leave you, so please!"

Spider had taken his final breath, and shouts of "no" or "he can't" rang through her ears. Kireyi couldn't help but feel it was her fault, she knew something was wrong about her dream hunt, she knew it was about Spider, she knew- so why? Frankly speaking, she didn't even know what she was asking "why" for, she didn't understand anything in the moment. There were so many questions that rang through her head, but most of all, she could only repeat how it was her fault. The girl hadn't known if she was saying it out loud or only in her head, but it was her fault.

No one moved from the area for a while, but soon enough they needed to, and as they took Spider with, they left Quaritch. The man undeserving of a ceremony  unlike Spider in everyone's eyes, even Neytiri's. Instead of Neteyam holding Kireyi close now, her brother Aonung did. She sought out his comfort as she didn't have her own parents there, and she wouldn't for almost three months. He held her close, softly whispering it would be okay, that it wasn't her fault.

Everything still felt so chaotic- everywhere. Kireyi didn't know what the other's were thinking, she didn't even know what she was thinking. All her mind jumped to was Eleu's death, and now Spider's. Yet she could only continue to silently sob into her brother's chest as they walked forward and towards Home Tree.

She couldn't bring herself to look at Spider's lifeless body in Neteyam and Lo'ak's arms. Her eyes stuck to the trail in front of her, following wherever her brother led her. It wasn't long until many whispers and the echo of voices surrounded the family, and she knew they were back to Home Tree. Her grip on Aonung's arm tightened, and Tsireya had joined her older brother on the opposite arm too. Hearing the others begin to speak the greeting, Kireyi tried to hold herself together as she repeated their actions. Her fingers gliding down and away from her forehead.

"I see you Olo'eyktan...." Neytiri spoke up.

"Neytiri.... I see you. What has happened?" Kireyi's heart ached as she thought about the events, she felt numb, but the guilt shadowed her in its greatness.

"Our boy has passed, we wish to commence with a ceremony."

Another voice joined the conversation, "A ceremony? How soon?"

"Tsahik- anytime you can make free for us," The family greeted the Tsahik, despite her being most of the group's grandmother.

"Hm perhaps tomorrow would work, you all know I am quick with my preparations," A hand met Kireyi's arm, "Would you like to join me young one? You would learn lots."

Her eyes shot up, needing a few seconds to process it, "Oh.... well if you wouldn't mind."

"Of course I wouldn't, meet me here around breakfast."

Another squeeze to her brother's arm, "Alright...."

"What are you two still carrying him for? Set him down, wash yourselves. Come all over you, I will prepare warm water and some rags," No one had really been crying anymore, other than a few silent tears when emotions rose for a few split seconds. Otherwise everyone was quiet.

"Kiri my girl, come here," Kiri was quick to find comfort in her grandmother's arms, and she softly shushed the girl holding her close, "Are you in the right state of mind to help me with Kireyi's wounds? Or shall your mother help me?"

Kiri's eyes switched between her mother and Kireyi, "I want to help."

"You are sure?" Tsahik asked, and for anyone who looked at Kiri and Kireyi, they two girls looked so similar clinging onto their family for the small
comfort.

"Yes, come here," Kiri motioned for Kireyi. And though hesitant to let go of Aonung, she listened, sitting where she was told to. Kireyi looked to her brother once more, and Tsireya was now hugging him with her head in his chest, Kireyi and didn't want to bother, understanding her sister needed it too. Still, she desperately needed someone, though it had only been a few seconds, Kireyi felt so exposed without anyone to cling to.

Neteyam must've realized, kneeling beside her, "Here, I will help clean her wounds Kiri," He held his hand out for the wet rag, and his sister obliged. His touch was so sweet- soft. Even the big cut along her shoulder hadn't stung from how gentle he was, only from the warm water that seeped into her skin. Her eyes were glimmering from the tears, red along her cheeks and nose from crying. Neteyam met her gaze, his ears lowering at the sight of her, she truly looked so scared, so upset. His hand moved to her hair, brushing his fingers through the lose strands, "They will place the medicine and patch you up now okay? I will stay right here."

Kiri squatted in front of Kireyi, but before she could start to apply the ointment, the Metkayina lunged at her in a tight hug, "I am sorry. I'm so sorry...." Tears began to fall again, from both girls now. Kireyi didn't care about the blood dripping from her shoulder again, simply needing to comfort Kiri, to apologize though it hadn't occurred it wasn't her fault Spider died.

The one to stop the two was Tsahik, "Kireyi, we must patch up your arm, it is bleeding again young one."

The girl pulled away from Kiri, both simultaneously wiping their tears, even chuckling at how both of them reacted to the hug, "I apologize...."

"You two can hug after, let's just care for your wounds first," Kiri's chuckle turned into a soft laugh, Kireyi coyly nodding at Tsahik's instruction.

————
HEY YGS. no i did not die i was just so busy with packing this weekend😭 my schedule should be sooooo much more free again now so yippeeee!!!

new ch for my other story will be tmr😊