beads

Neteyam

Unfortunately, with no findings of the boy, she sat on the cool sand, and the light in the sky started to fade as she waited. Eventually, she heard footsteps, looking over she spotted Neteyam walking over, "How long have you been waiting...." His voice filled with guilt.

"Not long, don't worry," He stood over the girl almost, and his eyes trailed her own as she looked up.

"Promise?" He knelt to her level, shaking her head, he explained, "I apologize either way, Tuk made a mess, and I had to help clean it."

"I understand," Kireyi reassured, "Was she hurt?"

"No, just lot's of fruit juice everywhere," He took her hands, pulling her up, they were so close that their arms grazed their own chests. Slightly looking down to see her, he whispered, "Would you like to visit the cave?"

Kireyi looked into his eyes, their faces inches apart, "Yeah...." He let one of his hands release from hers, keeping the other hand interlocked. Neteyam led her through the forest to the cave, he'd learned to get there on his own after a while. The sky began to turn a dark blue, yet it wasn't entirely black as they made their way to the cave, "Why're we moving so slow today?" 

He thought for a second, "To.... spend more time together?"

"Alright then." The sky grew darker and darker as they got closer to the cave, they arrived, and Neteyam stopped her from walking in. Her brows furrowed, not understanding, "What is it?"

(play "purple dreams no. 4" by lunar vacation, you may need to replay)

He seemed visibly nervous, stepping behind her, he brought his hand over her eyes, "Trust me...." The boy's other hand slipped around her waist, and he slowly treaded forward. He was careful to ensure she didn't bump or step on anything, and his touch was tender- sweet. It warmed Kireyi as she followed his lead, her skin prickled at the feeling of the vines brushing her skin as they entered the cave. Neteyam's heart had been beating out of his chest, nervous about Kireyi's reaction to his surprise. He tried to not make his breath of air obvious as his hand left her eyes. He could feel the slight flutter from her lashes from the loss of contact; in front of her laid a woven blanket with different fruits, flowers, and threads placed on it. It had been placed in the corner the two sat at the last time they were here, and with the night sky, everything around them gleamed. In reality, he had wanted them to arrive when dark so the cave would be lit up.

His hand still rested on Kireyi's waist, and she turned to look at him, he knew he had to of looked nervous, "I know it isn't much but-"

He hushed when she took his hand in hers, "I love it," Her voice was sweet- reassuring, and his nerves flew away.

"Really?" His eyes stayed stuck to her, and she moved a little closer.

"Really."

Pulling him with her, she sat them down and ruffled through her bag, "I had brought some fruit too.... if you'd like." He smiled, nodding, "Is this what took you some time?"

"Yeah.... Tuk hadn't spilled anything," Kireyi laughed at his remark, and she set her attention to cutting some of the fruit for the two of them. Passing it along to Neteyam, he copied his actions like last time, feeding her pieces here and then. She finished cutting a fruit, and he stopped her from picking up another piece, "Come here," He mumbled, Kireyi had begun to notice how his voice would deepen when he would quietly speak.

Her ears perked at the remark, and she sat closer to the boy, her eyebrows slightly raised, wondering what he'd do next. He sat with his legs wide and looked at Kireyi; bringing his hands to her legs, he started to lift them, "Is this alright?" Kireyi had been sitting between his legs now, her back against his left leg and feet over his right. Her heart sped up, they'd never really sat this.... intimate before, but she hadn't minded. It was comfortable, and his body gave off warmth.