truth two

Neytiri sat against the outside of the pod, and her son followed in pursuit; as he did, she brought him into her chest, letting him "lay" with her. The two would often cuddle up like this when talking one-on-one; they had ever since the boy was little. "So, tell me about her," Neytiri said.

"Mom, I think you should explain what you mean by you have known," He refuted, and his mother chuckled.

"Words have many meanings, my son," She had now been brushing his hair as they sat.

He huffed out a breath of air, "So you won't tell me?" He looked up at his mom, and she smiled at him.

"I had a feeling about you two, her mother and I spoke not too long ago," She confessed, "We decided to trust you two."

"Oh," The boy said, he snuggled closer to his mother as she spoke.

"She is a nice girl, her soul is filled with love and wisdom." They sat in silence for a few seconds, "She's also very pretty," His mother cooed.

"Mom!" Neteyam sat up, glaring at his mom, she laughed at her son before holding her hand out to him.

"Come here, Ma Teyam, you know it's true," Her eyes squinted as she smiled, and he moved back into his mother's arms, his cheeks warm.

"Yeah, okay...."

"Do you see yourself becoming her mate?" She asked. He knew if he freaked out, his mother would only laugh again, so he tried to keep calm. Of course, Neytiri still noticed, "No need for embarrassment, Teyam, it is a beautiful tradition."

The boy nodded, "Well.... yeah. I mean, I'd hope so," His mother nodded, and the two continued to talk about the girl.

a ࿐ ࿔*:・゚

"You like the Omatikaya boy?" Her father asked, his voice stern but soft.

Kireyi couldn't help but look down, it wasn't often she was in trouble with him, and right now, the girl wasn't able to tell if she was or not, "Yes...."

"How long has this been going on Reyi," She bit her lip at the start of feeling like she'd cry.

"A while- but father, we haven't done anything. We are taking it slow!" He sighed at his daughter's response, and she shuffled, Kireyi knew her face must have been filled with desperation. But what else was she supposed to do? The young girl never liked disappointing her father, and couldn't comprehend whether he was.

"Come. Sit," He waved her to him, and she copied as he sat. They had sat in silence for a few, the waves whispered beneath them, and the wind softly blew. Kireyi was tense, she felt like he was staying quiet to get her to speak, but inside she knew that wasn't the case. He was thinking of what to do- to say. So she sat in silence, waiting for her father to speak first.

"I don't know what to say Reyi," Kireyi's heart sunk at the words. Was he really disappointed? Instead, she tried not to get ahead of herself, letting him continue, "I never had a mate planned for you, you knew that. You and your brother would rule side by side, as family."

"Yes.... I know."

"How far are you willing to go for him? How much more...." She knew in an instant what her father was talking about. Payakan, the fight at the ship.... her life. She was silent for a second before even being able to bring herself to look to him.

"I'd go as far as I needed father. Just as I would for our village," Everything in the girl filled with eagerness. Although she had been looking at her father, he wouldn't look at his daughter, he wouldn't even speak. All she could do was silently plea, hope he heard her in some way. It had felt like forever until he looked back to her, and consideration filled his eyes.