Checkmate, Part 2 (Author's edition)

(I AM SORRY BECAUSE I COULDN'T MAKE IT BEFORE CHRISTMAS BUT DO KNOW I LOVE YALL SO MUCH MERRY CHRISTMAS MUAH <3)

---

Timeframe: Christmas Day.

It was a silent Christmas. Anna had already finished her exams and took the extra effort of cooking for the family. Turkey, Christmas pudding, lasagna, pasta, and all the juice boxes were served on the table.

"COMING THROUGH, WATCH YOUR STEPS PLEASE!" Anna hollered as she whizzed through the hallway, her hands equipped with mittens and carrying a pot of Cajun pork bites.

"Woah, you really went all out this year." Wheeljack whistled as he swept a look across the table. "A-And how long this took...?"

Setting the food down, Anna wiped off her sweat with the back of her hands as she smiled sheepishly at the bomb maniac. "Hehe..."

"Anna?" Smokescreen. "When was the last time you slept?"

"U-Uh...I'm not sure. But I think I was up s-since...5?" The author avoided their gazes. "Oh, it's just once a year! I can handle it!"

"Handling things and over exhausting yourself are two things you often mix together, young child." Ratchet chided as he brought out the Energon punch bowl.

"You sound like my mom." Jack snickered but was quickly halted with a sharp glare from June. "Just a joke!"

"Kids. They will learn to appreciate us when we're gone and dead." Ratchet hollered sarcastically.

"Yeah, when we're old and senile, they'd throw us out onto the street!" June added, feigning a sad look.

"...Boomers, I tell you." Smokescreen whispered to Jack, to which the latter sighed in defeat.

"If y'all are done moping around, mind getting everyone to the table? I think Soundwave and Ultra Magnus are somewhere working." Anna requested.

Arcee and Bulkhead nodded but they froze at her second statement.

"Get Nemy and his team too."

They hesitantly turned around, almost stiff-like. "N-Nemy...?"

"Yeah. Nemesis." Anna cocked her head to a side innocently. "Something wrong?"

.

.

.

.

.

"Ew..." The A-team AND Cons in the dining room chorused.

"What?" The author replied, confused with their disgusted looks. "What's wrong with the nickname?"

"He's not to that level of closeness yet, honey." Knockout scoffed, shaking his head.

The red-haired man was disapproving Enigma's choice of words.

Shrugging, the young girl did not bother arguing and just wave them off. "Go get them."

"I call dibs on getting the Autobots!" Arcee screamed and ran upstairs, leaving Bulkhead alone.

"Don't look at me, I'd take the Cons all day but not them SGs." He sighed and went after Arcee.

"Smokes-"

"Nope! Gotta run!" The fast mech dipped, not allowing Anna to finish. The author turned to look at the remaining people/mechs, but they all avoided her gaze.

"Wow. You guys are really something." She deadpanned. "Fine, I'll ask Optimus to go get...hey, where's Optimus?"

"Oh shit." Wheeljack sucked in a deep breath. Hearing as sharp as ever, the Asian author whipped her head around.