I Will Protect You. (Optimus X Human! Reader)

A/N: HEYAAAAA!! This chapter was requested by KaitlynGlovick ! Hope ya like it UWU 

Another OP X reader cus yeah, we love OP XD Enjoy this somewhat angsty but fluffy chapter?

TW: stress, self-doubts.

---

"Damn it, not again..." I groaned, tossing over in my bed. Checking the clock by my bed, I realised it was 2 in the fragging morning.

Great.

Growling, I yanked my covers away and stood up, shuffling out of my room. I've been having awful nightmares lately due to the recent rising cases of man slaughtering and murder cases in my department and it's beginning to take a toll on me.

"Get your shit together, (Y/N)!" I hissed to myself, guiding down the stairs and went straight to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, I cursed inwardly as I realised it was near empty, save for the three eggs and a stick of butter.

Wow, you really need to pull yourself up, (Y/N).

Rubbing my face, I threw my hands up and slammed the fridge shut, trudging to the living room and dropped onto the sofa, passing out and once again facing those horrid dreams plaguing my mind.

---

The next day...

"Wow (Y/N), you look...great." Jack said with a look of sympathy on his face. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out playfully at the boy.

"Thanks, I know I look stunning." I played along. Ratchet peeked over his computer and gasped, immediately hurrying over to inspect my face.

"What in the Allspark!?" he said, picking me up.

"I'm fine, Ratchet. J-Just tired..." I replied, yawning loudly.

"Did you sleep yesterday?" Raf asked, successfully hitting the jackpot question. Chuckling dryly, I lied through my teeth.

"Yeah! Of c-course I did!" I said, scratching the back of my neck.

"Is there an issue with (Y/N), old friend?" Optimus appeared out of nowhere, nearly making my soul leave my body at his sudden voice.

"AHH!" I yelled, falling backwards. The Prime swiftly caught me, concern laced in his tones as he apologised.

"My bad, little one." he said, tipping me back to my original spot.

"Ahaha, it's okay. And d-don't worry, I'm fine! Can I go now, Ratchet?"

"No." Ratchet and Optimus said in unison.

Looking at one another, the two old bots gave each other a knowing look and the medic spoke first.

"You're sleep deprived and don't even try to deny it; I'm a doctor." The grumpy doctor said, waving his servos at my face.

"And according to our observation, it seems like this lack of sleep has been dragging on for a while now. Is there something disturbing you, (Y/N)?" Optimus took over, bending down to take a closer look at me. I turned away, not daring to face his alluring optics.

Those damn blue optics are too adorable and I will cave in if I look into them!

NOPE! NOT GONNA LOOK!

"Like I said, I'm fine!" I repeated, standing up.

"But-"

"I'm okay Optimus, it's alright." I sighed, rubbing my eyes. Optimus closed his dermas and nodded, dropping the situation.