Missing Someone (Smokescreen X Human! Reader)

A/N: HII!! I'M BACK WITH ANOTHER SMOKEY CHAPTERRR OH YEAAA

Requested by Butterflymed Hope ya like it!! It's a tiny chapter so yeah, enjoy~

---

Smokescreen lets out his twelfth sigh as he sat alone on the stacks, staring off into space.

"Are you done moping or what?" Ratchet snapped, dropping his tools in annoyance. "You've been sighing for the past hour and it's pissing me off!" he muttered bitterly, grumpiness to the max.

"Oh, sorry." Was all the rookie replied, hopping off the stacks gloomily and shuffled away. Arcee snorted, leaning on the computer table beside the doctor, offering a comment.

"I think your words are a tad bit rougher this time." She snickered. The moody medic shooed her away, glaring at the two-wheeler.

"Off of my tables please." He said, wiping the spot where Arcee had previously sat.

"Clean freak." She replied, sauntering away.

Optimus's loud pedsteps echoed the base, making the two look up at their respected leader.

"What seems to be the issue?" the Prime asked, glancing towards Smokescreen, who was now silently watching the kids play.

"Oh, he's been like that for a while now. Ignore him." Ratchet mumbled, shrugging his shoulders. Arcee followed suit, not adding any remarks. Optimus nodded in understanding and walked away.

Later that night, Smokescreen sighed yet again as he laid alone on the bed, boredom and loneliness gnawing at him. All the poor mech could think of was you.

He missed you. Period.

You went off for college, breaking up the band and left your guardian alone. The thought itself made the poor rookie burst into tears, calling out for you.

"(Y/N) ..." he muttered, sparkbroken.

Optimus's sharp intuition proved useful as he swiftly went to the rookie's aid, comforting him.

"It's alright, young one. She will return to us, someday. Do not be in despair Smokescreen, for the femme will forever be your guardian and friend; they will come back." He said, setting a gentle servo onto Smokescreen's shoulders.

"I really miss her, Optimus..." he replied, looking down at his servos. Optimus nodded but said nothing, letting the young mech to have his peace.

The next day...

"WE ARE BACK! MISS US, DOC BOT!?" Miko yelled, jumping out of her guardian's cabin.

"GET LOST!" a loud yell replied from the doctor's work station. Shrugging, Miko brightened as she made a dash into the human area.

"Last person to be in the lounge is a LOSER!" she yelled, picking up her pace. Jack rolled his eyes but ran along, not wanting to give up. Rafael came up to, leaving you alone with your stuff.

"Wow, real mature guys." I said, shaking my head at them.

"(Y/N)!!" Smokescreen gasped; optics wide.

"Hey! Miss me, big guy?" I laughed as the lively mech picked me up, hugging me the best he could.

"You have no idea."

---

"Hey, it's getting late. Get some rest, kids." I smirked, earning groans from the trio.

"Shuuut upppp." Miko dragged her words, narrowing her eyes at me. Jack looked at his watch and pouted, not wanting to head to bed so quickly.

"Oh damn, it's 10pm! Gotta head to bed...after this round!" he grinned, pulling Miko and called for a rematch. I looked towards Raf, who gave me a sheepish smile.

"I-It's a weekend?" he said.

"Hmm, fine. Goodnight guys." I said, lazily walking away. I was going to retreat to my assigned room when Smokescreen called me over.

"(Y/N)?" he said.

"Yes?" I turned around to see a crying Smokescreen in his holoform. I jumped up in alarm as he pulled my hands, dragging me to his room.

"S-Smokey!? W-What's wrong?" I asked, worried about my favourite mech. The young mech said nothing as they made their way into his berthroom. Sitting down on his large berth, Smokescreen finally looked up to me and spilled the truth.

"I-I've missed you so much..." he cried out, collapsing into my arms. "Y-You weren't here and the base is not the s-same without you!" his babbling gained speed as he continued ranting. "It's really lonely without you and I don't like it, (Y/N)... I've grown to rely on you, (Y/N)." he breathed out, face stained with fresh tears.

"Please...don't go?" he whispered out, staring right into my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Smokes..." I sighed, pushing his hair out of his face.

Feeling my soft touch on his face, the once bubbly mech broke down, shattering his façade caved in to his insecurities, bawling as I stayed by his side. He needed you now more than ever, and you'll be damned if you left him there to fend for his own.

So stay you did, silently comforting the aching mech.