I've Loved You For A Thousand Years Part 2 (Optimus X Human! Reader)

A/N: I want bad ending and I'm getting it, idc nehehehehehe-

I'm multishipper and I do ship OpLita, and yeahhhhhh...you'll see why...

EDIT: PROOF READING THIS WITH TEARS ALL OVER MY KEYBOARD I AM NOT OKAY BUT AHAHHAHAHAH ANGST GOES BRRR

Make sure to comment on how much you hate me cus istg I hate myself too for writing this monstrocity. Lmao please excuse me i'm ugly crying so bad rn UGHHHHHh

TW: Heavy Angst, self-doubt, guilt, war.

---

"(Y-Y/N)...?" Optimus's quivering voice made my heart shatter.

"N-No..." I turn to my left, unable to hold a proper gaze against this man.

How can I?

I've held this secret for 24 years, and I was starting to believe no one would ever uncover this dark past of mine. I was ready to move on from my life as a Cybertronian and accept this human body.

I wanted a fresh start to forget EVERYTHING.

To forget Cybertron.

To forget (Y/N) (L/N).

To forget Iacon Hall of Records.

To forget Orion Pax; the one who got away.

The one who stood tall and fought for what's right; he who fought for Cybertron when things went south. The Prime that everyone can count on as a leader and mentor.

But I loved him long before the titled was even bestowed upon the mech.

I loved ORION PAX with all my spark, and that was why I cannot allow him to fight the Decepticons.

When you have loved ones, would you not want what's best for them?

Their safety will be your very priority, sometimes even surpassing our own rationality.

So, how was I going to love a soldier without letting him battle?

How can I bear the cross knowing that he, the wise Prime, is to be held back by a mere femme who fancies him? Would he lose the title to cease this fight for me?

What would the outcome be I were to be caught and used as leverage against the Autobots...?

Will he sacrifice me for the greater good? Will he save me when I'm in need of saving?

Though...would Optimus EVEN think of me as such importance?

...No, no he won't.

Why would he?

I am a selfish being, and I acknowledge that. I don't want him involved in this because I'm afraid of him getting killed, but who am I to tell him otherwise?

This is me asking for the impossible.

This is just me being greedy because I was nothing BUT a friend to him.

I am NOTHING TO HIM.

He doesn't know that I see him more than that.

HE DOESN'T NEED TO KNOW.

It was never meant to be, and I have already accepted it; so why is fate toying with me now?

WHY NOW?

"O-Optimus-I-I-"

"Are you...hiding from me...?" Optimus asked, his eyes filled with sorrow and guilt with traces of abandonment.