Self-Care (Knockout/ Breakdown/ Dreadwing X Human! Reader)

A/N: This chapter is sort of a comfort chapter for myself and to those out there that are struggling with self-doubts/ self-conscious of their bodies.

(Don't worry, the other chapters are coming in soon!)

Enigma wants to take this chance to tell everyone that she loves you guys no matter the shape and sizes, for it is the insides that matters the most.

Whatever you're going through, remember to congratulate yourself for coming this far and you ALWAYS deserve a break and that YOU DO NOT need to follow the quota/ target set by others to be considered as perfect.

It's going to be a little angsty, but I'll try to make it better at the end.

TW: Self-conscious, dark jokes/ self-doubt.

---

"Hey Knockout, can we not d-do this?" You sighed, pushing away the chalky makeup box.

The red mech raised an optic ridge, swaying his hips in disagreement as he started his usual fashion rants.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT! My darling, I did NOT spend one week practicing human beautification to let this go to waste! Now face here, sweety! Chop chop!" he huffed, picking up the brush with his dainty claws.

"Baby boo, you should know that these stunning claws are the embodiment of precise when it comes to these kinds of stuffs!" he grinned, taking a seat on the small stool.

The sassy medic had downsized himself in order to help you with your make-up, unable to sit idle by as he saw your...bland taste in fashion.

The mech screamed bloody murder when he found out that you were going to wear T-shirt and ratty pants on your FIRST DATE! After a hefty moment of bargaining (forcing), you agreed to let him handle your outfit and cosmetics. You were going out on a date with Henry and you felt the need to be pretty, just this once, so it was acceptable.

But deep down you knew, you don't quite feel ...comfortable of applying these on your body.

It's just going to waste.

You don't deserve to use these high-quality make-ups.

No matter how much you try to hide, your ugliness would continue to seep out from your very skin.

These were your thoughts on a daily basis, haunting and tearing your mental health down to pieces, leaving you to ponder and question your own worth in the face of reality.

"Hello? Earth to (Y/N)?" Knockout snapped his digits, tilting closer at the side of your face.

You jumped up, snapping away from your abusive thoughts, hiding it from your best friend.

"A-Ah! Sorry, I sort of spaced out there..." You grinned weakly, playing with your fingers. Your smile faltered as you took another glance on your nails, realising that they were uneven and hideous. Clenching your hands into a fist, you forced yourself to look away, hoping to ignoring the second wave of psychological attack.

"KNOCKY DEARRRR- Oh, there you are!" Breakdown yelled, beaming up in delight as he spotted his conjux with you on the table. "Oh, today's Tiny Thursday? Okay then!" he joined in, using mass displacement to minimize himself.

Taking a seat at your other side, you were surrounded by the two loving bots, doting over your pristine frame.

"Hi darling, how's it humming?"