𝟎𝟒𝟏. 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥

𝕿hey did indeed visit a bookstore two days later when June started feeling better

It was . . . eventful, to say the least.

There was a lot of whining, grumbling and irritating cackling involved when it came to 'certain' members of the group but June bought several books and that's all that matters in the bigger picture.

Okay, correction — Jack bought June several books.

At first, it was assumed to be Alex's treat but the moment he got his card out at checkout, Jack stepped in with a dismissive shake of his head and offered his own card instead.

June was really, really shocked.

Alex — having already been filled in about the duo's "suspicious behaviour" as of late by both Trevor and Cole — only raised a brow before stepping back because he knew this meant something, and that no matter what, Jack wasn't going to back down.

"It's Alex's treat", June had muttered in a hushed tone as she'd stepped closer to the counter.

Jack's arm brushed hers when he shifted, throwing her a quick glance before turning back to the cashier.

"Well, it's mine now".

He intentionally touched her arm with the softest caress, the feeling so electrifying over her bare arm that her gaze sharply cut up to his eyes to find him staring at her with a faint smile.

A secret tug of his lips meant just for her.

Is this real? — she tried to ask him in the searching warmth of her gaze.

It's real and just ours — he seemed to communicate in the way his fingers left a fluttering mark on her skin and the way his affectionate stare seemed to crinkle as he smiled brighter.

She couldn't be sure though.

She wanted to pull him aside and force him to admit if what she'd seen was what he'd actually meant.

She wanted to throw her arms around him and hide her face in the crook of his neck, breathing him in and feeling his body around her.

She wanted to breakdown and tell him she's so, hopelessly and utterly in love with him.

She did none of those things.