𝟎𝟐𝟖. 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

*fun tip: listen to stranger by jay hayden while reading this **awfully long chapter ahead !

**awfully long chapter ahead !

" 𝕲o on", June urges Luke when he looks back for the millionth time.

He whips his head around, glaring at her to shut up and not look so obvious with the way she's trying to hold in her cackle.

"I'm just fine right here, thank you very much", he grumbles downing his very, very alcoholic drink that she's sure, were it not for the dive bar being rented out for the night by the Devils, he would've had a lot of problems acquiring.

She toys with the straw of her mocktail — having chosen not to get drunk tonight because she knew no matter what Luke said before, at the end of the night she would be the one dragging him home — and glances at the brunette her best friend had been eyeing for the past twenty minutes.

She bites the straw narrowing her eyes as she continues to stare at the girl, her mind immediately ringing out an alarm of approval because damn is she gorgeous.

"I'll go talk to her then".

"Jun—".

June hits his foot with the heel of her shoe and confidently saunters over to the girl who is now busy typing in her phone.

"Hi", she smiles placing her hands flat on the table before her.

The girl looks up, a tiny smile forming on her lips, "Hi?".

"I'm going to be really direct with you here, my friend over there", she throws her thumb over her shoulder, "has been dying for the past half hour because he's too adorable to come up here and talk to you. So, if you could . . . .", she shrugs.

The girl immediately leans to the side to catch sight of Luke, her eyebrows shooting up in amusement.

"Luke Hughes?".

"I see you have taste. Yes, that's him".

She laughs as she stands up, swinging her purse over her shoulder.

"I mean if you insist", she grins, a wide smile slowly taking over June's face watching her walk up to where Luke's sitting and instantly slide up on the chair beside him, striking up a conversation.

Feeling triumphant, June plops down on one of the chairs surrounding the now empty table.

She looks around, the space is filled with NHL players wandering about with their various friends and acquaintances accompanying them to this one last party before they all head out for summer.