𝟎𝟎𝟒. 𝐩𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐲

instagram stories !

instagram stories !

𝗲𝗺𝗵𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗺𝗮𝗻
1 𝗁

𝕴t has been a long day; with the Devils losing their game against the Blues last night June knew she had to do something to cheer Luke up despite him feigning constant indifference

And so, she decided to FaceTime him from the stray animals shelter both she and Emma are weekly volunteers at.

Judging by the amused giggles being heard from the smiling boy on her phone, she'd say it was a good idea.

"And this one is Winter", she cuddles a small husky puppy close to her chest feeling the tiny dog relax in her hold as she places him on her lap.

Winter has to be one of her personal favourites.

"Oh, he's so small", Luke coos leaning in closer to the screen with the dog curiously mimicking his action.

June laughs quietly petting him with a gentle hand and continues watching Luke stare googly eyed at the puppy in her arms.

"You should get a pet", she smiles bringing the phone up to her face, Winter tipping his head up in response.

Luke sighs, "I gotta be home for that".

Her eyes light up.

"I can take care of them for you".

He chuckles rolling his eyes.

"Oh, so you want me to get a pet for you".

She innocently shakes her head, affectionately rubbing behind Winter's little ears.

"That's the only way Emma will let you keep a pet. I'm not stupid, Bauer", Luke huffs playfully leaning back into the headrest of the couch.

"But—".

"Luke, why are you FaceTiming with a puppy?".

Jack subsequently appears in the frame behind Luke, bending down on his elbows to get a better look at the screen.

His eyes catch sight of a wide-eyed June, a grin quickly overtaking his features.

"Should've known it was you, Bug".

She bites her lip to conceal the smile threatening to spill from the depths of her swooning heart because holy shit does he look good.

In that typical backwards cap and hoodie as his signature attire, he looks more than perfect to June.

Not to mention those addictive blue eyes.

Luke bats him away, "Would you stop prying for a second?".

Jack scoffs ruffling Luke's already messy hair and leans forward ignoring his obvious glares.

"How come I didn't get a puppy call? I lost too, you know".

June shrugs, "I like Luke better".

He shakes his head in mock offence.

"I'm disappointed".

She proudly beams at his curious face, "I genuinely could not care less".

He gasps dramatically, "I thought we had something special, June".

June opens her mouth only to get interrupted by a clearly irritated Luke.

"Do you want something?", he grumbles tiredly, clearly directing the question at Jack.

The older Hughes rolls his eyes straightening up behind the couch leaving June to stare half-heartedly at his hoodie.

"We're going out for lunch, c'mon".

"I'm busy right now".

"Luke, for fuck's sake", she hears Jack shuffle back, "it's a meeting. Come on".

With resigned frustration, Luke bids his best friend goodbye profusely thanking her for the much needed serotonin boost and ends the call.

June settles back with Winter cradled in her arms, her gaze fixed on the dimmed screen.

"You should stop being so obvious", she hears the comment from beside her glancing up to find Emma standing there with a kitten in her arms.

June looks away putting her phone back into her pocket.

"Shut up".

"No, seriously", she begins as June gets back on her feet holding Winter close, "you're literally so", Emma grimaces pulling a kissy face, "whenever he's around".

June turns away, "I am not".

"You so are. It's kinda sad".

"Leave me alone, okay?", she calls out over her shoulder when the blonde follows her towards the doggie playpen.

She bends down allowing Winter to escape her arms and go frolicking around with the other puppies in the fenced area.

Emma sighs coming up to stand next to her.

"I could set you up with someone".

June turns to her roommate completely exasperated, "Look, Em. I get that you're worried about me but I'm fine. Besides, I don't have time for relationships right now", she frowns.

Emma raises a brow, "So if Jack were to ask you out tomorrow, you'd say no?".

Groaning, June covers her face.

"I don't wanna talk about this anymore", she complains from behind her hands.

"Man, no need to be so dramatic. I'll drop it", Emma laughs softly poking June with her elbow.

The brunette uncovers her face and instead turns her gaze to the dogs milling around trying to clear up her thoughts of Jack's ever present form.

***
I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHAT TO DO W THIS STORY