𝟎𝟏𝟑. 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

𝕷uke worries too much

They'll write that on your headstone, June would say but June isn't here and June's not picking up and June's out with a guy Luke barely knows anything about and June was supposed to call him ten minutes ago.

It's fine, obviously. There's no need to be concerned about her, Emma would never let her go out with someone she herself didn't trust.

So, it's fine.

Really, it's fine.

"Expecting a call?".

His startled glance meets Jack's who comes waltzing in out of nowhere per usual poking his nose where it's least required, or entertained.

But this time he doesn't dismiss his older brother as easily.

"June, yeah", Luke clears his throat turning back to the silent phone held tightly in his hand.

It's okay, it's fine.

She's probably stuck in traffic.

Why did he let her go out with a man he's never met?

Probably because she takes her own decisions and with his lifestyle, it's difficult meeting every single one of her acquaintances firsthand.

But just . . . .

"Oh", Jack coughs slightly shuffling towards the couch to sit beside his clearly distressed brother.

"Are you . . . okay?".

The younger Hughes laughs humourlessly, rubbing his eyes as he places his phone facedown on the armrest.

"Yeah, just", he hesitates for a moment before thinking fuck it, this is Jack, "she's out on a date and she said she'd call me when she gets back. She was supposed to call me like fifteen minutes ago? Yeah, I'm freaking out. I know it's not a big deal but . . .", he shakes his head settling back.

Jack remains staring at him, his mouth clamped shut for the first time in his entire twenty-one years and eleven months of existence and normally, Luke would be grateful for it.

But today's not a normal day.

He frowns, "Would you say something?".