𝟎𝟑𝟒. 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭

𝕿he alarm blares loudly elicting a loud groan from the lump on the bed

𝕿he alarm blares loudly elicting a loud groan from the lump on the bed. The brunette shifts half-heartedly to throw her hand down on the snooze button of the alarm clock, her face snuggling into the comfort of the pillow for only a second more before she realises what day it is.

"Shit", she jumps out of the bed, quickly slipping on her slippers to run into the hallway bathroom and brush her teeth.

Ten minutes later, she's grabbing her phone off the nightstand and hurrying down the stairs in her sleeping shorts and oversized shirt pausing momentarily in the hallway to get startled by Maureen roaming around the house in a bathrobe and a cup of tea — her mother's always been a morning person, June could never relate — and throws a quick "Heading to the Hugheses'!" over her shoulder as she exits the house practically running down the sidewalk to get to the Hughes house.

With heaving breaths and her thighs terribly aching from the sudden exertion — what happened to the overly athletic eight year old that once graced this same path clutching her mother's hand? — and speed walks up the driveway, pressing the bell twice.

After half a second, the door flings open and there stands Luke, equally sleep deprived and exhausted.

"He's here?", she asks already pushing him out of the way as he yelps in surprise.

"In the living room", he murmurs behind her but she's already walking in, a soft familiar laugh greeting her as soon as she enters.

All six pairs of eyes turn to her yet she doesn't give either of them enough time to react before she's flinging herself on the brunet situated on the couch.

He laughs loudly and wraps his arms around her tightly pulling her into his side as she hides her face in the soft material of his tshirt, breathing in his familiar scent and slowly realising that he's here. He's actually here.

"Now this is how I like to be greeted", he chuckles pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

"Like you left a lab home?", Luke mutters from June's other side only to yelp again when she hits out her heel at his knee.

"Fuck you", he shoves his middle finger in her vision but quickly pulls back when she opens her mouth and goes to bite it, all while being cuddled beside Quinn.

She's missed him so much she could cry.

"Luke, it's too early for this", Ellen mumbles irritatedly as she moves past June, making sure to pet her head on the way to the kitchen.