𝟎𝟎𝟗. 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐛𝐲

instagram stories !

instagram stories !

𝗷𝘂𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲
35 𝗆

𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗼 replied to your story !tommy shelby without me? :(

tommy shelby without me? :(

𝗷𝘂𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲 replied
bail on emma and
come watch it with
me

𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗼 replied
i'm lowkey tempted...

𝗷𝘂𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲 replied
DO IT DO IT

𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗼 replied
it'll her break her
heart tho

𝗷𝘂𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲 replied
who cares? u know
i'm the better choice

𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗼 replied
oh june i never knew
u loved me so much

𝗷𝘂𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲 replied
i want to marry u
actually

𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗼 replied
sold, i'm coming over

𝗷𝘂𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲 replied
okay 🥰

" 𝖄ou're never leaving this house, are you?".

June shrugs munching on the bag of potato chips lying beside her.

"Okay, well. At least eat something normal, I don't want you getting food poisoning or something", Emma huffs slipping her shoes on to go meet Chelsea for their movie date.

"Okay, mother", June replies keeping her eyes glued to the television screen.

Rolling her eyes, the blonde steps into her vision earning a tired whine from the brunette who immediately pauses the show.

"There's leftovers from lunch in the refrigerator", Emma states in an authoritative tone.

June purses her lips.

"Okay".

"And I want it gone when I get back. I know you're sane enough to not throw it away so better eat up".

It's weird being treated this way by someone her age but it's also a little bit heartwarming because being away from her mother has been hard for so many different reasons and Emma acting as her so-called guardian is something so personal to her.

Just knowing that there's someone always looking out for her no matter how shitty she's being to herself is enough to make her feel special.

A reassuring smile tugs at the corner of her mouth.

"I'll eat it, don't worry".

Emma stays rooted in her place seemingly debating her next words.

She hesitates rocking back and forth on her heels before exhaling loudly and calmly stepping back.

"You know you deserve the best, right?".

There are so many hidden messages clothed under those few words, so much of unsaid emotion swirling under the weight of the inevitable motive behind June's newfound comfort in typical loneliness.

She's been this way since a couple nights now, ever since Jack dropped her at her apartment and Emma returned home the next day to find her cuddled on the sofa with her favourite stuffed elephant and tear stains marking the white of her pillowcase.

She'd tried to coax her into telling her what had happened the previous night but June had taken to avoiding the topic altogether, instead going through mundane motions like making her coffee and boiling water for her cup noodles with a somewhat robotic pace.

It's been days and Emma still has no idea of what had transpired within those few hours she'd left her roommate — and unofficial best friend — alone.

But she knew the reason.

And the problem.

And if staying in and avoiding any mentions of a certain blue-eyed boy is going to be the only thing on June's agenda this Spring break then so be it.

Emma's going to support the hell out of her.

June looks away.

"Have fun, Em. Love you", she blows a kiss in the blonde's direction with an exaggerated enthusiasm and reluctantly, Emma accepts it.

Because she can now safely blacklist another man in her life and that's honestly quite satisfying.

***
if i could i'd write for this book all day long