𝟎𝟏𝟔. 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡

instagram stories !

instagram stories !

𝗲𝗺𝗵𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗺𝗮𝗻
2 𝗁

𝗲𝗺𝗵𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗺𝗮𝗻2 𝗁

𝕷uke and Jack ended up crashing over at their apartment and to say that June has been slowly losing her mind all night would absolutely be a huge understatement.

From the subtle glances to the tiny smiles and deliberate brush of their fingers as she passed him a takeout box during dinner, Jack has been having a fun time distracting her all night.

Distracting her from what? She has no fucking idea.

He's just doing something and he's being a little too curious for her liking.

One could say flirty too.

But June doesn't want to even ponder over the possibility because it's stupid and dumb and god fucking dammit why has he been staring at her for the past ten minutes?

She glances over at him from her place beside Luke where he stays slumped into her side, his sleepy head lolling against hers as Something Borrowed plays on the television.

Emma went to bed twenty minutes ago and though Luke said he wasn't tired at all, he fell asleep only about fifteen minutes later.

Which left June technically alone with Jack in the living room.

He's seated on the couch to her right but his eyes are oh so casually fixed on her face.

Assessing her, analysing her and making her heart rumble against her chest all with a simple gaze.

Life's very difficult when you have an unforgiving crush.

Her eyes catch onto his and surpringly his stare does not waver even as she stares right back, defiant and narrow eyed.

"What?", she whisper yells and watches his brows perk up in amusement.

"What?", he innocently asks back, happily reclining with his feet propped up on the coffee table.

June furiously chews on her bottom lip, letting him look at her with muted glee, his eyes carefully discerning her reaction.

As if she's a specimen he's required to study.

Frustrated, she turns back to the film before deciding she's in desperate need of water and gently supporting Luke's head with a couch cushion so that she can get up and leave.

Jack follows her into the kitchen.

"Do you need something?", she grumbles grabbing a glass and filling it to the brim.

"Not at all", he responds leaning against the counter.

She gulps down the water in one go and sharply places the glass down, her eyes immediately cutting up to him.

"You have a lot of nerve showing up here after that night", she hears herself say though what exactly it is that she's planning to achieve is unclear.

Jack stays amused, as he always is.

"Oh, yeah?", he takes his bottom lip between his teeth and cockily acknowledges June noticing the action, "What'd I do?".

She forces herself to look away, impatiently tapping her fingers against the sink.

"You . . . .", she shakes her head, "Never mind".

June abandons all prospects of working up an argument and goes to walk away only to be blocked by his frame in the kitchen doorway.

"If I did something, I would like you to tell me", he looks down at her seeing her actively debate on how to walk past him without touching him.

Asshole, she irritatedly mumbles in her head.

Outside, she proudly tips her chin and pokes the side of his arm rather aggressively.

"I'm going to bed. Take Luke with you when you go to sleep in my room".

"Sleep in your bed? I'll have the best dreams tonight", he says it so nonchalantly that she almost doubts she misheard him.

Only she didn't because he's now leaning against the wall with a faint smirk lining his lips — what is it with this man and leaning? — and she almost positively forgets to breathe.

"What are you doing?", she mutters quietly referring to his sudden change in behaviour.

But weirdly, it's not a change at all because he's always been this way.

Only today it feels a little bit more . . . direct.

His lips stretch into a very carefully controlled smile.

"What d'you mean, Bug?".

You know what? Fuck this.

"Get out of my way", she looks away feeling a deep churning pick up pace inside of her.

Don't argue, don't argue, don't argue—

"Okay".

He easily steps aside, looking at her completely unbothered as she exits the kitchen and hurries towards Emma's room so that the remnant of his affect can be diminished by sleep.

***
🤭🤭🤭