𝟎𝟑𝟗. 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞

" 𝕴 got the chocolates!"

Jack glances down at the pair of fruit flavoured dark chocolate being pushed into the shopping cart in front of him as he stands in the middle of the line at checkout.

His face twists into a scowl.

Grabbing the packets, he pushes them into Trevor's chest with annoyance.

"That's dark chocolate. She hates it".

Trevor frowns, "It's flavoured. See, I even got a cherry one", he gestures to one of the packs.

"Not happening. She's gonna throw us out if we bring that into the house. Go get some milk ones, would ya? And no nuts or fruits, just plain milk chocolate".

Groaning, Trevor steps back with a shake of his head.

"This is never-ending".

"That's because you're dumb and you can't do anything right".

"Well, not all of us can be in love with her".

Both of them still, realising what has just left Trevor's mouth. Trevor stands wide eyed because he didn't mean to actually say it — it just slipped out? Oops? — and Jack looks at him with irritation trying to mask the rapid beating of his heart.

He's not in love with June. They're just . . . friends who occasionally have sex and cuddle, and also act like an old married couple at times but that's besides the point.

And anyway, it's not like June's in love with him either so.

And Trevor doesn't know shit, he's just being annoying as usual because apparently he's been a little suspicious since he saw the two together this summer?

He's only being nosy, no big deal.

Wait, why am I even thinking about this?

"Would you stop yapping and go get the damn chocolate?".

Scoffing, he moves away without another word — both of them suddenly grateful for the fact that neither of them wants to address the unnecessary elephant in the room.