𝟎𝟐𝟒. 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬

𝖩𝗎𝗅𝗒 5, 2022

𝖩𝗎𝗅𝗒 5, 2022

𝖄ou'll find someone, they said. Someone who loves you just as much you love them, perhaps even more, and then . . . .

Then you'll live out your happily ever after.

You'll dance around the kitchen under the glazing moonlight, laughing and bickering as your favourite song plays in the background. The love of your life will catch a hold of your wrist and beg you to chance them with an impromptu dance, let them take your hand and guide you over the tiles, barefoot and smiling because happiness never felt better.

Only thing is, no one has any idea of 'they' are and there aren't remotely enough tolerable people in the world to live out your happy fantasy with.

June never cared though because as long as she had a dream and an imagination, anything could happen.

But last night, she kissed a boy she hadn't meant to kiss, enjoyed it too while it lasted and then took off crying to her room when Trevor interrupted them.

"Guys, do you—oh my god?", she had heard uttered loudly in the relative quiet of the kitchen hallway, immediately springing apart from Ethan — which was a tad bit difficult because he'd hoisted her up on the counter and himself end up in between her legs — and glancing back to find a very surprised yet amused Trevor staring at them.

Ethan had laughed awkwardly and took a step back, his hand unintentionally brushing against her bare knees as it returned to his side.

And then Trevor had started grinning, horrifyingly.

"Is this like a regular thing . . .?", he'd asked, weirdly interested.

"We're drunk, fuck off", June had replied hopping down from the counter and straightening out her hair which had been tangled between Ethan's oh so soft fingers only moments before.

Trevor had squinted and opened his mouth but Ethan had spoken first.

"We still on for movie night?", he had asked June subtly clearing his throat.

June had nodded gratefully and let him walk away, eager to get away from Trevor's questioning.

Needless to say it had been a weird night which ended on an almost happy note what with Ethan and Luke showing up at her room for their planned movie night leaving her to cuddle with Luke on the bed after Ethan left in the middle of the film seriously fighting off a loud yawn.