𝟎𝟑𝟓. 𝐛𝐞𝐠

𝕵ack and Luke are stood by the curb beside their house, mumbling and conversing about nothing but everything at the same time

A familiar car pulls up in front of them, the passenger side window being drawn to reveal a grinning June leaning over the console to greet them.

"Get in, boys".

Jack frowns, "I thought I was driving . . . ?".

"My mom's car? Yeah, no chance. Get in".

"Are you insane? You're such a shit driver".

She rolls her eyes, tipping her head to signal Luke to get in to which he immediately complies leaving his brother scowling behind.

Jack watches his younger brother moving to settle in the back, "You're not even going to fight her on this?".

Luke shrugs, "No point in it. She's gonna do whatever she wants".

While his brother sits inside, Jack stays rooted to his place on the sidewalk staring at June with narrowed eyes as she taps the steering wheel while they wait for Quinn to join them.

"Oh, hey—Why's June in the driving seat?".

June sighs, Jack's head happily turning towards Quinn in an 'I know right' gesture.

"I'm driving, Quincy. Get in".

Quinn frowns, idling by his brother's side actively contemplating whether he should be risking his life this way.

"June, let Jack drive please".

"No".

"Bug—".

"Luke, why are you sitting in? Get out, we need to fight this", Quinn huffs placing his hands on his hips.

A clearly unbothered Luke exhales loudly.

"She's made up her mind, she's not listening to either of you no matter how much tantrum you throw".

"June—".

"I've gotten better at it! We'll be late if you two keep acting childish, get in", the brunette states with finality sealing her words with a glare.

Quinn shakes his head and gets in the back with Luke, Jack still hesitating near the passenger's door handle.

"Want me to lay out a red carpet for you?", June rolls her eyes at his reluctance.