𝟎𝟏𝟓. 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬

" 𝕴''ll get the door", Emma states leaving June to place the chocolate chip cookies on a huge platter, a smile already laced on her lips at the thought of seeing Luke and the way he's bound to react when he realises she has baked his favourite cookies for him.

There's a slight bickering from the doorway which instantly attracts the brunette's attention and she steps out of the kitchen quickly making her way to the door.

"Is something wr—", her words get stuck in her throat at the sight in front of her.

There stands Emma with a scowl on her face, Luke halfway in with a confused frown and Jack right behind his brother wearing a somewhat embarrassed smile.

She did not invite Jack. She did not expect him to accompany Luke either.

She knew she'd have to see him eventually but tonight had always been out of the question.

Up until now, that is.

From the look on her face, Emma is definitely not too thrilled to be letting the older Hughes inside their apartment.

But they can't turn him away, can they?

Also, June's desperate mess of a heart is sort of glad to see him. Because he looks terrifyingly perfect and that makes her want to die right then and there, but that would be an inconvenience so . . .

"Hey, Jack", she breathes out gesturing for Emma to step back so that both the brothers can enter.

Emma complies, the scowl firm on her features.

"Hey. Luke said I could join you guys. I promise I won't be a bother", he rubs the back of his neck awkwardly shuffling in behind his brother.

"You're already one", Emma mumbles under her breath earning a sharp glance from June to let her to know to please be polite.

Luke, ignoring everything going around him, darts straight for June engulfing her in his arms as she squeaks out in surprise, a laugh sounding from her throat with her arms curling up around him.

"I missed you", he whines hiding his face in her hair, hugging her tight.

"I missed you more. Oh my god, you smell good", June exhales holding onto him for dear life.

Their arms stay interlocked around each other's, Luke's fresh vanilla scented perfume invading her senses and flooding her with every happy feeling.