𝟎𝟑𝟔. 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫

𝕬 faint tapping on her window catches her attention but she ignores it when it stops for a minimum of five seconds only to resume again

June shifts on her back to glance at the curtain covered window, a frown slowly etching into her features as she throws the light blanket away and marches up to the window with her heart in her throat.

She's watched way too many slasher films for such a situation to not rattle her brain.

Bracing herself, she peeps through the curtains and gazes down at the front yard, a laugh escaping her lips when she sees the smile greeting her from below.

Carefully, she slides the window open and leans forward, "What are you doing here?", she whisper shouts hoping the sudden sound goes unnoticed by both her grandfather and her mother sleeping on the same floor.

"I missed you", he simply yells back in a quiet tone and she laughs again.

She saw Jack only two hours ago when she dropped the brothers off at their house after movie night at the drive-in theater.

"Could've called me instead?".

He shakes his head, "Can I come up?".

Her eyes widen, teeth clawing on her bottom lip as she considers declining because . . . she's not alone in the house, a number of things could go wrong.

But there's just something about the way he's staring up at her with that adorable expectant smile that makes her cave in.

"Be quiet, I'll open the back door".

He grins.

Two minutes later, she's dragging him up the stairs — making sure to be quiet while she does so — and shoves him inside her room, locking the door behind them.

He finally allows himself to chuckle.

"Are you embarrassed of me, June?", he steps into her personal space caging her against the door when his palms come up to rest beside her head.

She bites her lip, her fingers fidgeting with the hem of his t-shirt.

She intentionally brushes her hand against his bare skin, smiling to herself when she hears his breath hitch at the feeling of her fingers slowly trailing down his stomach to the waistband of his jeans.

"So embarrassed", she breathes out, his lips skim down the side of her jaw finding home on the delicate skin of her neck, nibbling and kissing while she stays rooted in place her breathing escalating at the feel of his lips peppering her skin with kisses.