𝟎𝟒𝟎. 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝕿he silence in the car feels defeaning to the point where it seems like Jack will have to halt the car somewhere and coax Trevor into his usual overly excited and never-ending rambling state again

He sighs sparing his friend a glance but Trevor continues staring out the window, deep in thought.

"You alive?", he laughs trying to diffuse the situation.

A few seconds pass by and then . . . .

"Why didn't you tell me?".

Jack throws him a confused glance before turning his attention back to the road.

"Tell you what?".

"That you saw her. That you helped her. That should've been the first thing out of your mouth the moment you got back".

He exhales, "I didn't think you'd want to know".

"Bullshit. Tell me the real reason".

Jack shakes his head.

"Seriously, man. I thought, well, you broke up with her so I didn't think it was worth mentioning. I thought you'd moved on?", he turns to him with a raised brow the moment they reach a red light.

Trevor tugs at his hair, exasperated.

"Well, I'd want to know either way. I'd never do that to you, no matter who broke up with who".

He sounds frustrated and honestly, deep down Jack knows why but what's the fun in simply accepting and moving on when you could get your friend to admit their stupidity instead?

"Oh? I wouldn't want to know that actually. So if you ever see any of my exes in a grocery store parking lot, do not tell me because I literally couldn't care less".

Trevor rolls his eyes, "Why would you when you have June? And you're so bad at hiding it too".

His eyes go wide, a frown dawning on his face at the sight of Trevor's satisfied smirk.

Prick.

"She's my friend. Has been since I was like, ten. Shut the fuck up".

"Whatever helps you sleep at night".

Trevor's grin only makes Jack's irritation grow and he desperately grapples at the opportunity to get back at him.