𝟎𝟏𝟖. 𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡

𝕾tepping out of her classes building, June fumbles with her tote bag stuffing the books inside and pushing her hair out of her eyes frustratedly huffing when the wind blows it in her face all over again.

She shakes her head as she takes her phone out after securing her hair up with a hair tie, her vans tap impatiently against the ground when she quickly makes her way to the end of the crowd only to freeze mid-stride.

A black car is parked right in front of the building located near the visitor's parking lot and there, leaned against it busy tapping on his phone, is Jack Hughes.

Her mind is completely blank, no theories or reasons for his presence there arising whilst her feet work on their own guiding her right up to him.

Hearing her footfalls, he looks up and a smile takes over his face.

She tries her best to ignore the feeling encompassing her senses because for the conversation she's about to have, she needs to act normal.

Well, relatively at least.

"What the fuck are you doing here?", she accidentally blurts out not meaning to come off as too aggressive but unfortunately that is all she seems to be impressing on him because his eyes momentarily widen.

And ever so quickly, he recovers straightening up as he stuffs his phone in his pocket and shrugs.

"Thought I'd take you to lunch".

To be completely honest, none of those words make any sense to June.

In fact, she's suddenly even doubting if she's capable of comprehending any English at all.

When she continues staring at him, he laughs quietly brushing his fingers against her sweatshirt covered arm.

She can feel the warmth of his touch even through the fabric and that's really enough to remind her of just how fucked she is.

"Stanley Cup playoffs start tomorrow so I got an early day today and since we haven't really hung out a lot lately, I thought we could get lunch together. Luke told me about your schedule and well, here I am", he spreads his arms out wide in an exaggerated shrugging gesture.

June blinks slowly.

"Here you are", her voice comes out low, subconsciously attempting to keep the conversation between them despite barely anyone around.