28; I love you...

I woke up and stared blankly at the person above my head. My vision was blurry so I couldn't see properly. I closed my eyes and flickered them open then saw Ammar, the nicest among the goons.

"You're awake, finally" He said, sounding relieved. I tried to sit up but I  felt pain everywhere and I let out a scream.

"What?"

Tears streamed down and I was unable to talk, just then, the door to the restroom opened and Muhammad appeared. I couldn't look properly because of the pain and looked away. He quickly ran towards us and sat right next to me.

"She's in pain. I told you it would be better if we dress her before she regains consciousness" He said, referring to Ammar who just looked blankly at me.

Muhammad grabbed a box, a first aid box, I guess, and opened it then brought out an iodine with cotton. He poured some on a piece of cotton and looked at me, pitifully.

"Am I permitted?" He asked and I was reluctant. I couldn't, I just couldn't.

"I think I should go. I'll come back when you're done" Amar said and left without waiting for our responses. That made me feel kind of relieved and then I nodded my head gently.

He raised my blouse carefully and right above my navel, he placed the cotton for some seconds before rubbing off the blood gently.
Soon, he travelled to other parts of my body and all the pain I felt just vanished.

As he worked, I stared at his face. His beautiful face had scars but nevertheless, he looked handsome. I didn't realise he was done not until he looked at me and we stared at each other for as long as I can remember. Then Amar burst in looking anxious and we all looked at him.

"I need to chain you back. Biggie is waking up. I'm sorry I have to do this. But I promise to get you out soon. It's a promise" he said to both of us while he did the chaining. He cleared everywhere and smiled at us before leaving.

"He is really nice" I heard Muhammad say. I couldn't see him because of how dark the room was. Ammar had taken the torch with him to charge it.

^-^

I woke up to the sound of people arguing about something. I opened one eye gently and saw Sameera and Sadiq, sitting at the other side of the room. She managed to dress decently today.

"I said Sahara desert you idiot" she spatted. I couldn't tell who she was referring to but it looked like she was talking with someone over the phone.

"At least it's somewhere she doesn't know of. I'm paying three million instead of five"

"I don't care" she concluded and hung up banging her hand on the desk.

"That guy dumped Juwairiyya in Kogi instead of Sahara" she was now speaking with Sadiq.

What the hell am I hearing?

"Forget. At least she's outta my life. Let's focus on these two-" she turned around and our eyesvlocked into each other's. Right now, I was fuming in anger.

"Let me out of this stupid chain right now Sameera" I shouted and Sadiq nearly fell of his seat. I saw Muhammad flickering his eyes open in a terrified way as well.

She just stared and said nothing.

"You're not deaf, or are you? I said let me out of these thing! How dare you?! How dare you?! And I'm very sure you killed her before doing this. Sameera why? Why?!" I was shouting and crying at the same time.

"What's happening?" Muhammad asked and he got no response.

Sameera walked up to me and slapped me right on my left cheek.

"Yes! I killed her! Yes! I did. You don't know what I've gone through, do you? I'm sure if you weren't there she would have killed me and I did just what she wanted to do to me. Now back to you. You took my man away from me. And you expect me not to feel anything or grow jealous. I'm sure you would do worse if you were in my shoes. None of you here know how much I love him to the extent that I will kill every single person on this earth and myself as well. You have everything Aisha. Everything. You have a father. You have tons of friends. You have wealth. You got beauty. Just look at yourself. You have scars everywhere but when anyone looks at you, they'll only notice your beauty. You have guys crushing on you. You have literally everything. Just let me have him. Just him. Is it too difficult...huh?" She fell down and started shedding tears. Everything she had said were on deaf ears. I just want to get out of this thing and rip the skin of her body with my hands.

She looked up and glared at me with her reddish eyes.

"Infact, I'm going to kill you and no one is going to stop me" she stood up and picked up a knife. Like those used for slaughtering animals.

Sadiq held her back immediately and collected the knife.

"Are you out of your senses?!"

"No I'm not Sadiq! I'm not!" She collected it back and headed towards me. Sadiq ran to the table and picked a gun and then headed to Muhammad.

"Fine. It's one for one. You kill her, I kill him. Let the both of us loose who we love dearly" he said pointing the gun at his head.

"Let all these madness stop right away! Your hands behind your head. If you make a move, I'll shoot" a police said when he threw the door wide open. They were alot, all pointing guns at the gigantic goons and the two bosses.

Just then, I sighted Haydar and Affan. Haydar ran up to me immediately while Affan ran up to Muhammad. They untied the both of us and I crashed my body against Haydar's.

"I missed you Aisha" He said tightening his hold on my waist. Tears gushed down and he asked me to run out of this place.

Just when I was about to leave, I heard the sound of a bullet and I turned around. Sadiq had shot Muhammad and he collapsed. I froze for some seconds, the sound running through my brain, my legs unable to move.

"Everyone out!" The same police shouted and they started to handcuff Sameera but Sadiq had escaped.

I tried to run to where Muhammad had fell but I was held back and then fire! The whole building was on fire. Sadiq had done this.

"You thought I'll leave you all alive" he laughed humorlessly "you're kidding"

Just as he was about to run, two police caught him and threw him in the police van after they had handcuffed him.

I looked at the building and tried to run inside but I was still held back.

"Leave me! Leave me alone! Muahmmad is in there! Please!" I cried but none of them released me. I bit one hand and yanked off the other then ran inside. Smoke was everywhere and it was impossible to see but fortunately I saw his figure.

I ran up to him and dragged him outside before it was too late. He was completely black. He didn't look like the Muhammad I knew.

"Please wake up" I held his hand in mine.

"Muhammad please. Please! Don't leave me!" I cried out loud but he didn't move. I looked at his  lifeless body and hoped that he would wake up but he didn't.

"I love you Muhammad! Just wake up!" I shouted and then he was picked up by male nurses and he was taken into the ambulance.

At that moment, I fell and darkness swallowed me.

This was the hardest chapter so far...🤧😮‍💨