20; Broken heart

I woke up with a sore body. I had slept in an uncomfortable position. I checked the time and it was 9:00am. I sat up and recalled everything that Sameera uttered yesterday and the fact that Muhammad overheard it.

I checked for missed calls, and I saw seven. All belonged to Muhammad. On normal days, I will be checking for notifications but I haven't installed any social media app yet.

I called back and after three rings he answered. I didn't speak first, he did.

"Good morning"

"Morning. How was your night?"

"It was fine. I'm sure you didn't enjoy yours. Just called to remind you. Get ready. I'll be coming by 10am" and then he hung up.

He was right, I didn't enjoy mine.

I took a shower and wore a black abaya with a maroon veil. I looked at myself in the mirror and decided to gloss my lips only. I didn't apply any powder, kohl or mascara.

I went downstairs and straight outside. From where I stood on the road, I could see Sameera's slim figure by her window. I rolled my eyes and ignored, just then he pulled over and I got in.

"You look nice" He complimented. Everyone said that.

"Where are we off to?"

"I'm sure you haven't eaten. We are stopping by at Cilantro before we head for our business of today"

"Cilantro? No. Tastia"

"I've never heard of it"

"You just did. Follow the round about, we are heading to Gwarimpa"

"That's good. We were going to Gwarimpa after eating"

I ignored him and in less than 20 minutes we arrived Tastia. We got down and entered. Settling on a table by the window.

"This place is kind of crowded, don't you think?" He asked. I stared and did not reply.
The waiter came and asked for what we would like to eat "Just serve anything eatable. Do you have cocktails?"

"Yes ma. We do"

"Chapman then"

"Sir?"

"Just coffee" Muhammad replied. All this while he was focused on his phone and that served as a reminder.

"Umm Muhammad. Thank you for the phone. I really appreciate" I said, plastering a smile on my face. He smiled back and nodded.

Our orders were served and I got a big fat sandwich with my Chapman cocktail. While Muhammad was served coffee.

I took large bites. I was super hungry. I was about to gulp my drink when I met Muhammad gazing at me, intently.

"What?" I asked, stuffing bread into my mouth. He grinned adorably, and leaned over to take off something at the side of my lips. He licked it and that left me dumbfounded.

"Oh my God! Ewww"

"There's excessive ketchup" He uttered and shrugged.

Son enough, we were on our way to the business of today. Which was at Evelyn Garden.

He drove in and parked at a suitable place, then placed a blindfold on my eyes. He directed me to wherever he was taking me and when we arrived, he removed the blindfold.

I stood and studied the place for a while before everything started making sense. I turned around and looked up, my hands flying to my mouth. This place was awesome. Roses were all over the ground. Music played lowly. And light was at every corner. I giggled softly and my gaze moved to Muhammad who stood and watched. He was smiling.

He knelt down in front of me and handed me a rose. I couldn't tell if it was real or fake.

"I love you Aisha" He said. I was too surprised to even move. I obviously don't like him, talk more of love him. Thousands of words were echoing in my mind.

"I'm sure you heard the conversation between Sameera and I. She told me to stay away from you Muhammad. I might be risking your life" I could see he was hurt but I was left with no other option.

I took slow steps backwards.

"I'm sorry. I'm terribly sorry" and then I ran out.

This girl is starting to annoy me