25; What the hell is this?

Muhammad's POV

I looked at my red, swollen eyes with bags beneath them. It's been four whole days since Aisha was kidnapped. Juwairiyya then Aisha. What the hell is this?

I had gone mad when I found out. I literally searched the whole hospital and every where possible. But she was no where to be seen. Her phone was in her room so it was not possible to track her down. I haven't winked for the past three nights and no food has gone down my stomach.

Right now, I was heading to Haydar's room, who had refused to speak to anybody. I threw the door wide open and found him looking outside. The room was a mess. He slowly turned around then hissed.

"I'm not here to joke. You aren't the only one traumatised by the fact that your sister has been kidnapped. Be a man and do something. You've been in this room for three days Haydar. Three days. Anytime I come, I find Hafsat crying, it's affecting you and also her. Please stop this and let's talk this out. We have to look for her not sit and wait for her to descend from the sky. I hope I have made myself clear" I had said all in a breath. He was still looking outside not until I shouted his name.

"Haydar!"

"I know Muhammad. I know. I know. You should know better than anyone. I'm not strong and brave like you. I'm not you. You have to understand. I also hate to see Hafsat in pain. I hate it"

"Then do something"

"You said her phone is still in her room? Have you thought of checking her recent calls? We might have a clue"

"That's true. I'll go and get it"

"No. Wait for me. I'll put on something then we will go"

~^~

"This is an unknown number, probably the kidnapper's" Haydar said after we checked her recent calls. 

We arrived few minutes ago. Her room smelt so much like her and the portrait of her, in her graduation gown, flashing her pearly white teeth which was hanging on the wall made me feel like she was right next to me.

"Do you think we should call" I asked and he was quiet then nodded "But copy it on your phone because he has her number already " I nodded and copied then swiped on call and it was answered immediately. Mama and Mum were sitting on the bed looking at us while we looked at each other thinking of what to say. Then a man spoke.

"Who's this?"

The voice sounded so familiar, I've heard that voice somewhere, alot of times, but my mind couln't fathom where. We remained silent for long and just when Haydar was about to speak, I beat him to it "Hey! Umm..remember me? That guy. Your long lost friend"

"Who's this?"

"Your long lost friend. Are you deaf?" I heard a soft giggle and then he kept quiet.

"I'll drop an address. Meet me there in an hour. So called long lost friend" and then he hung up.

***

I walked slowly, careful of my steps. The place was dirty and smelly, literally disgusting. I stood and looked around not until a voice spoke and I jumped slightly.

"If it isn't my long lost friend" he was clapping. I gently turned around and saw Sadiq. At first, I thought my eyes were lying not until I took a better look.

"I should have known better. Where is Aisha?"

"Long lost friend. That isn't a proper way to exchange pleasantries"

I felt anger boil in me and I raised my hand to punch him and a gigantic looking man held me back immediately.

"Finish him and take him with you" Sadiq said and disappeared them three scary creeps appeared, holding machets and sticks and beat me up. They sent me blows on every part of my body, bathing me in mud and soon, darkness swallowed me.