19; With love, Muhammad

I unwrapped the box gently and saw a phone. I thought I was dreaming at first but realised I wasn't. It had a note on it saying 'with love, Muhammad' in cursive. I removed it and looked at it properly then kept it on my vanity table. I opened the box and it was truly a phone.

I didn't know if I should return it or just appreciate it. At last, I appreciated it. I always had a spare sim and a book where I scribbled down people's number. So I inserted my sim and saved people's number on it. I didn't have Muhammad's but I'm sure Juwairiyya does.

I chatted her and she did all these girly stuffs before finally agreeing to send me his number. Just when I was about to call, Sameera threw my door open and stepped in. Arms akimbo.
She eyed me for a while before moving further into the room.

"I heard the conversation between you and that stupid bestie of yours. Tell her I never liked her as well"

"She's not-" I was about to retort but she cut me off and continued.

"Don't interrupt me when I'm talking. Yes, I grew jealous of you. That's none of her business. I want you to tell her that it's none of her business. Long story short..." she came closer and touched my cheek with her finger which had a long nail on it and continued ..."Stay-away-from-Muhammad" she was gritting her teeth and had a look of disgust. She emphasised each word and the way she said it scared me.

"He's mine. Mine alone. Do you hear me? I could have killed you long ago. Long long ago but no, your stupid bestie was here to save you. She saved your dumb ass. I'll advice you to go and thank her. But I promise you, if she doesn't stay out of my business, she will regret it for the rest of her life" she said and left my room, banging the door hard.

To say I was flabbergasted is an understatement. I sat there and all the words she threw at me were repeating themselves in my head.

'Stay-away-from-Muhammad' I heard myself saying.

I looked at my phone and I just realised I swiped the call button and our whole conversation was heard. Muhammad heard everything. Everything. I was about to talk and he hung up immediately.

Shit!

I just switched off the light and forced myself to sleep.

Another short chapter 🤣