01; Goodbye

EDITED

Nuisance.

It was the right word to use.

Our house was a Nuisance, filled with different people from different worlds. Some who I knew, others who I didn't.

Chatters filled the angle of each corner, people ate, people drank, people sang, people danced, people slept and others stole.

It was a wedding in the late afternoon. The area faced the breath-taking sunset. I was seated outside watching wonder shall never end. Today is the day, the day my sister is leaving the Gwadabe mansion. I will surely miss her. I was imagining my life without her.

She was ecstatic though, who would blame her, it's her wedding day. She looked breath taking. An outfit adorned with intricate embroidery, vibrant colours and elegant designs, making her look truly mesmerising. Henna all over her beautiful hands and legs. Different jewelleries adorned on the neck and hands. She looked stunning.

'Ding'

I just received a text. I looked at the screen and just shoved the phone inside my bag,
stood up and walked up to where my sister was. The photographer was taking photos. So I quickly joined. Alot of 'clicks' were heard and I was tired. I sighted my brother with his fiance, laughing together, what was making them laugh? I wondered.

He is soon getting married as well, why?!

I stood up and walked up to them greeting different people when they called out my name or when they looked familiar.

"Hey...guys" I said with a smile

"Oh my God! hi, I didn't see you my love, you look just like the bride, how are you doing?" His fiance asked, Hafsat. She is pretty nice and jovial.

"I'm fine and you look equally beautiful, I'm sure Haydar drooled when he saw you" I replied and they looked at each other before they all laughed.

"She actually did that" Haydar said.

"Oh", I murmured under my breath.

Time passed and it was time, time to take her home. Alot of people wanted to go and see her house, but not all were going, unfortunately. I, my mom, my grandmother, my aunt and two of my cousins were in a Land Cruiser Prado. The bride was tucked in between us with her veil covering her face, while other cars followed behind us.

Why do much people have to come?

The drive was quiet, just heard some murmurs exchanged. I was thinking of how the house will become extremely boring without Khadijah and soon Haydar was leaving.

Soon enough we arrived her beautifully decorated 6 bedroom duplex. It was extremely huge and charming. Everyone's mouth hung wide open.

I tapped my sister and whispered into her ear " You sure are a lucky bride"

I heard her chuckle and then we walked carefully inside. It was even more stunning than the outside. I was fascinated by how beautiful it looked. I couldn't even move.

A mixture of endearingly vibrant colours. Stripped back and neutral tones dominating the walls and floor surfaces. Apart from the Ultra Marin lightweight curtains which covers the full length of the window, from ceiling to floor and a striking feature wall. Different sized mirrors arranged in an abstract manner creating a funky vibe. The luxurious greenish cushions well seated with a coffee table in the center of the living room. The house screamed simplicity and elegance.

We moved further inside the house and people were awestruck, this house was like heaven on earth.

After touring the house, people started leaving. Literally everyone murmured an 'Allah ya bada zaman lafiya or 'Gida yayi kyau' or something else.

I was in the living room upstairs, scrolling pics on Instagram with one of my cousins beside me. I had nothing to do. Today was super exhausting. Just want to go home and sleep.

After like an hour of lectures my sister received from the Elderlies, we were finally leaving. Tears welled up in my eyes. I immediately crushed my body against hers, hugging her tightly. I'm going to miss her so much.

After hugging her for like a couple of minutes, my mom spoke, "Hey, let's go, it's getting late", but I didn't let go until one of my aunts pulled me away forcefully. I kissed her on the cheeks before we finally left.

***

Hello. Nice to meet y'all. Just decided to say smth little. Apparently this is my first Wattpad story. I'm a teenager and alot of writers have inflicted this longing in me to write a book.
Please don't make me hopeless by not voting, commenting and sharing
It ain't very difficult. In the comments section, I don't wanna see nasty or aggressive comments. I have a degree in sarcasm (Not really 😂but I can be rude when it's necessary).
If you truly read this then you are truly ready to read my book and I appreciate it alot.
Thank you.

SHARE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! I MEAN, ASAP!

Notice: My chapters are going to be short! Unlike the ones you normally read but please just manage.