26; Love birds

My body felt sour. And my head aches so bad. I opened my eyes gently and the place was dark. At first I thought they were still closed not until I poked my finger in my eye. I tried to stand up but I realised that I was tied to a pillar.

"Excuse me! Anyone here?" I tried to shout but I couldn't. I was too thirsty. I didn't get a respond. So I kept quiet and rested my head on the pillar and closed my eyes, trying to go back to sleep.

Just then, I heard the sound of chains but that wasn't me. I shrugged it off and then I heard someone coughing.

"Who is here?"

I got no response and again, I kept quiet and closed my eyes and the door creaked open, and the sunlight hit my face. I tried to use to my hands to obstruct it but they were tied so I closed them.

"Hey! My favourite love birds are you still asleep?" A voice asked and I didn't understand what he meant by favourite love birds. I flickered my eyes open and the same gigantic man who held me back stood. Still looking the same. His voice was scary.

"Please water" a feminine voice said and I looked around to see who that voice. I sounded just like Aisha's.

The man laughed then spoke "I thought you were mannerless. Did you greet your love?"

I was totally confused. What's this man saying?

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"He is tied on the same pillar you're tied to. Madam"

And I turned around immediately and our eyes locked. She was the one. Aisha.

I was speechless for a while and then she turned around and rested her head on the pillar. She acted so plain and her eyes were red, not the blue attractive ones anymore.

"Please get me water. If you don't want me to die" she said. Her voice was hoarse, not the melodious one I knew.

The gigantic man left and came back with two bottles of water then gave her one and threw the other at me.

"Please untie me" she requested and he laughed. What's wrong with this man?

"I'll feed you"

"No! Just untie me"

He walked up to her and untied her with a key then she drank water and he tied her back.

"You're heartless" she uttered. I giggled softly because of how funny she had sounded.

"Mind your language Madam. I'm not your play mate"

"Are you going to beat me?"

"Shut up!-"

"Or else?" I loved her guts. She spoke with so much confidence and the next thing he did was sent her a stinging slap that echoed the entire room.

I turned around gently and snapped "Are you mad? Why will you lay your filthy smelly hands on her?"

I was next, he slapped me as well and punched me on my face.

"Boss said I should beat you mercilessly. This is just small. Better mind your speech. And I'm referring to you both. My work na to chop all of una. If you do me shege I go show you shege. I get children wey grow pass all of una. Fools"

He then left the room and closed the door hard, everywhere was dark again. I heard sobs from behind me and I instantly wanted to hug her and tell her that everything will be alright but there was no way I could.

"Aisha" I called out softly. She didn't respond for minutes and I just kept quiet.

"You're in this because of me. I'm sorry. I'm very sorry" she said and cried out loudly. I kept quiet and listened to her cries. She had to. After few minutes, she kept quiet and I saw light from somewhere. It was kind of bright.

"One of them gave me this torch. He is the nicest among them. He comes in when it's very late only. So I try to stay awake just for him. After all, I get enough sleep" she started talking out of the blue. My eyes were closed but my ears were wide open, listening to every word she uttered.

"Does he give you food?"

"Yes! I only eat late at night. He would bring food from restaurant with chilled water and drinks. I sometimes refuse but he will beg me not to and sometimes he smiles and collects it. I even wonder where he gets the money. We eat together sometimes. He isn't dirty looking unlike the others and he is smart and good looking, to be honest" the way she said good looking sounded like she has developed something for him. I felt a pang in my chest but I sighed and smiled. She will never love me.

"Besides, how is everyone?" She asked. I thought she would never.

"No one is fine, really. I had to burst your brother's door open, maybe he would have died in there"

"I just knew it. Ikram? Mama? Mum? Khadijah?"

"They're not fine Aisha. Not at all. And I can't believe I'm tied here to a pillar instead of taking you back home. I failed and I'm sor-"

"Don't be silly Muhammad! You didn't fail me at all. It's good we're here for each other. Okay?"

I was about to respond and just then, two figures burst into the room. Sadiq stood in front while Sameera stood behind him. She was dressed inappropriately. Wearing a short sleeved shirt and an extremely tight jean. Looked like her buttons were about to fly open. At least her hair was covered.

"Well, well, well.."

Love birds!
Make we cry all of una 😭😭😭
Lol...jk ❤️‍🩹