39; Fight

"What do you mean by you've fixed a wedding date for me?" I questioned with anger lacing in my tone. I could punch anything next to me right now and wouldn't feel any pain. I just can't fathom why he would do that.

"Fix in this aspect is a term used to-" He started but was cut off with my mum's yelling.

"Kai professor! My daughter is not dumb enough not to understand what you said. Will you answer her!"

"She asked a question and I was about to answer her. You carry your black mouth and chook it inside-"

"My lips are black and yes I know that. You don't need to remind me you know. These!..." She paused and pointed at her lips and continued "...are shuwa lips" she scoffed and then rolled her eyes.

"That's why I like to kiss them" He replied mockingly.

"Oh really?! Is this the right time to talk about all this shit. I repeat, what do you mean by you have fixed my wedding date?"

"Don't you understand English? Haba!" He thundered.

"With who then?"

"My father's nephew's stepmother's brother's stepson" He simply replied and focused on the large screen in front of him.

"Just interpret that" my mother uttered.
He looked at her for as long as I can remember and sighed before speaking.

"Just know that you're getting married soon. He might pull up to check on you. I have to go somewhere" He replied and picked up his car keys, which were on the coffee table and exited the living room.

I sighed and slumped on the the cushion I was standing above and buried my hands in my face. I was trying so hard not to break down.

Newsflash!

I'm getting married tosomeone I don't know. Instead of my Habiby.

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and didn't bother looking up because I knew who that someone was already.

"Really?" My voice came out hoarse. I might just break down any minute form now.

"Just accept fate"

"Have you ever asked him why he despises Muhammad. Seriously, what bad has he done to him?" I said after raising my head up.

"Talk to him, things might get alot better if you do so..." she paused and held my hands in hers "...Trust me" and then she flashed me a smile. Her dimples which I never knew she had popped out and I immediately flashed her one.

"What?" She asked touching her face and looking down at her body.

"You have a dimple" I replied touching her cheeks and she laughed.

"You never knew koh"

•••

I let out a breath and stood motionless. Is what I'm about to do the best option or not?

I heaved a sigh and took a look at myself through my phone's camera and nodded.

I gently placed my finger on the door bell and pressed it down after few seconds just for the door to fly open immediately.

"Aisha" Azra said after taking off her spectacles. She was dressed in an over-sized Spongebob Tee which stopped right below her knees.

I stepped inside and looked around the messy large living room and rose a brow slightly.

"It's obviously Rida. What are you doing here?" She asked after adjusting the seats and picking up some dirt from the rug.

"Is Muhammad home?"