15; Unfortunately

This is gonna be my shortest chapter so far.
Be prepared.

Muhammad's POV

The car breezed past other cars on the highway and in no time, we were at the hospital.

I carried Aisha's seemingly lifeless body and dropped it on a stretcher that was wheeled in. I was drenched and cold, but nothing compared to the fear that gripped my heart. If anything happens to Aisha then I'll never forgive myself.

Juwairiyya sat and looked at nowhere in particular while I paced up and down in front of the room.

"Muhammad" She called. I turned around swiftly and looked at her.

"How did it happen?" She asked, standing up and moving inches close to me.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before narrating everything to her and just then, the doctor was out. My heart was going a million miles per hour. I wasn't ready.

"Mr. Dikko" the plump doctor called out and looked at me through his medicated spectacles that sat right on the bridge of his nose "I'm sorry this had to happen but your wife is in a coma and I don't know for how long it's going to be, but it won't be anytime soon" He said like it meant nothing. I looked at him straight into the eyes. I wasn't able to move. Coma? No! This can't be happening.

I found myself kneeling on the floor next to the doctor's feet and pleading "Please, I'll pay double of the fees just bring her back. She can't be in a coma, please doctor, please!" Now I was shouting. Juwairiyya came over and helped me up.

"Allah has destined this and you can't change it. It's not like she's dead, it's just a coma" she consoled.

"I'll call her family" she said but I was still traumatised by the fact that Aisha is in a coma.

In less than an hour, around 30 people were in the hospital. Aisha's mum was crying while Mama tried consoling her. It felt like she had just died. Aisha's dad just stood and was discussing with the doctor if they would be able to take her home since he wasn't sure for how long she was going to be in a coma and the doctor said that would be great.

In seconds, an ambulance was at the hospital door and Aisha was wheeled inside it. Mum, Mama, Sameera and Khadijah sat inside while the remaining used their cars.

I brought out my phone and texted Mubarak
'I had to leave, something played out. Find a cab and leave, I won't be coming back'

I switched off my phone and entered my car. I was still wet but not like before. I sat still for a few minutes before driving off.

So unfortunate 🤧