34; Newly Weds

ONE MONTH LATER

I took a step back and looked at her then covered my face with both hands and screamed.

"You look so beautiful" I said and she blushed.

She stood up and looked at herself through the full length mirror, turning around this way and that.

"To be honest you've never looked more pretty. I can't believe my adorable, annoying, beautiful bestie is getting married!" I shouted and she just chuckled lightly.

"Girls! The groom's family have arrived" Adda said when she entered the room. She froze for a minute when her eyes landed on Juwairiyya then her eyes got teary.

"You look so breath-taking, Masha Allah. My daughter is finally getting married" she said while side hugging her.

"Don't cry so that your makeup won't get ruined" Farida said after coming out of the bathroom.

This was the first time I was seeing her in a traditional attire. She looked so mesmerising. Her curves were so visible and to be honest she looked completely different.

"Damn! Baby you look hot" I said, air quoting and she rolled her eyes.

"This thing is actually comfy" she replied.

"The groom's family have arrived Oh! Where are the bride's maids?" One of Juwairiyya's aunties said when she entered the room.

"Azra is still getting ready. You know her and her yanga" I replied.

Just then, she stepped out of the bathroom and everybody's gaze averted to her. No words could describe how beautiful she looked. Her petiteness topping it.

"What?" She asked while draping a veil over her head.

I moved closer and helped her adjust it then held her face in my hands and kissed her forehead.

"What are you doing Aisha?"

I hissed and slapped her lightly.

"The groom's family have arrived and they're waiting for us, let's go" she nodded and picked her purse then walked next to me.

"Where is Ikram?"

"She's outside waiting for us"

~▪︎~

We walked majestically down the aisle. The Bride's maids assembled in one line and the Groom's men in another. Muhammad was one of them and he was next to me.

"I can't stop looking at you Wallah. You look so so good!" He murmured and I looked at him then looked away.

"Shut up!"

"Darling!" He teased and I blushed then chuckled lightly.

"Save this for later"

"This will be us one day" He said and then laughed.

"Trust me, I can wait. Now shut up!" I said and he laughed again.

Ikram who was in front of me turned around then said "You and your boyfriend are really disturbing us"

"I didn't ask you to listen"

"Then what are ears used for?"

"Listening if a person is interested" I retorted and she hissed.

"Your Affan is next to you so what's your own here?" I asked and she rolled her eyes then turned around.

We finally reached the stage and sat in our reserved seats. We were just five in number. I, Azra, Farida, Ikram and Fatima. She had returned from Switzerland three days ago to attend the wedding. I never thought she would do so.

The hall was beautifully decorated. We had stayed all night discussing with the designers on how it would look like. It was like I was the mother of the bride because I was the one who decided everything.

"I'm nervous Aisha" I heard Juwairiyya whisper and I smiled. I interwined our fingers and squeezed her hand gently

"It's going to be fine. I trust you" I said and she sighed, a sigh of relief.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Thank you for all gathering here today. I am Ibrahim Sheriff, the host of today and I promise you that this will be an unforgettable memory. Especially for our new couple. Haydar Abbas Jarma and Juwairiyya Adam Wase!" The MC announced and everyone clapped then silence followed.

"As you can see, here are the bride's maids and the Groom's men. They all look so breath-taking. Amarya! Are you getting married to your bestie that you're holding her hand so tight as if she's going to dissappear" the MC said when his gaze met our interwined fingers.

Almost everyone laughed and I chuckled lightly before releasing her hand.

Food was served and all of us ate on a table. Both the groom's men and the bride's maids while the couple of today just sat and talked to each other.

After that, the MC suggested we play games. The first one was Tug of war, between the groom's men and the bride's maid.

I was in front and at the other side, Muhammad was in front.

"Are you ready?" The MC asked and we answered in chorus.

"Yes!"

"Three-two-one and drag!" He shouted and the war started. It didn't even last a minute and the Groom's men were all on the floor while we held onto the rope laughing.

"Mumu! Is it because she's your girlfriend that you let them win. Mu da ba mu da zuciya" We that don't have the heart. Affan shouted at Muhammad and again, everyone burst into bits of laughter.

Other games were played amongst the groom's family and the bride's family and so on. We danced and played and did this and that before people finally started to leave.

I was also exhausted at that moment. Mum and Mama were fast asleep on the table they sat. They never fail to embarass someone.

"Amarya! When are we taking you to your matrimonial home? I'm tired" I said and yawned.

"Oya oya! Let's go!" Adda shouted and we all gathered our things and stood up. I walked up to the two sleeping Hajiyas and woke them up.

"The driver is waiting outside. We'll be escorting Juwairiyya to her new home" I whispered softly to them and they nodded. They left the hall and I quickly ran out then entered inside the car and we drove off.

The house was quite big but it was beautiful. It sceemed perfection. We all entered inside and toured it before finally deciding to go home.

"Juwairiyya!" I beamed and hugged her.

"I can't believe you're actually married. I'm so happy for you to be honest. Right now, I'm sleepy so I can't give you a speech. I'll come back tomorrow and do that. Bye!" I said and she smiled.

"You'll never change" She hit me by my shoulder and we both laughed.

I bade everyone goodbye before finally leaving with Azra and Farida. Muhammad will be coming after.

Finally!
I literally gave up writing because the last chapter was wack!

Vote!..and I need friggin' comments guys!