Chapter 18 - Trusted? I think not.

Chapter 18 –

Ha-ha!! So I personally enjoy this chapter! And the last chapter of course! :D And the chapter before that…and the one before that… and – gosh! You get the point! :D

Chapter 1 –

    Kayla:

The next day, I didn’t go to school, because I for one did not want to risk claws being thrown at me, for dating one of the cute guys in Mindless Behavior. I smirked at the thought, as I lay in my bed. I was so lucky, and to think that a couple of months ago actually, I had been dreaming about meeting him with my friend Angel, and how she would meet Princeton.

  Speaking of those two, they and the others wanted to meet me so we could get ready for the big “ninja” plan tonight. As I slid on my coat, seeing that the time was 7:00 PM, I knew that sneaking out of the house would be only merely difficult, since of course, my parents did not really care much for me.

    As I put on my jacket, I walked downstairs in the midst of the darkness, and slowly turned the doorknob of the door. “Where are you going, at 7’ something at night?” I heard a voice say.

  Dang. It was my mom, and my dad both sitting in the dark in the kitchen. When did they ever start doing that?

   I looked at them, and sucked in my lip. “I am going outside, to check on Mrs. Manchester’s dog that she told – asked, me to keep a watch on, during the late hours...” I coughed, “Of the day.”

    They looked at me, and then nodded their heads in approval. “Alright, well, we’ll leave the door open for when you come back.” My mom said, as she walked to her room. “We’re going to bed. Night.” My dad said, trailing behind her and yawning.

  “Oh no need, I have a key.” I said, and the smiled. “Night. Love y’all!” They looked at me, and said “Love you too.” And then went into their room to go to sleep.

   I smiled, as I walked outside and put my hooded over my head. I began to feel a little guilt, for lying to them like that, but then again, this was a grave matter at hand. So, I continued on and didn’t feel anymore guilt.

   I quickly got Mrs. Manchester’s dog, and hurried off to the library. Yes, I lied about the whole dog sitting thing, but I placed my dog-like teddy bear in her dog’s place. Mrs. Manchester wouldn’t know the difference; she was almost blind, and quite deaf. So, their was no need to worry, and I would have her dog back in the morning.

     When I got to the library, everyone was already there and talking, while getting everything prepared. “There you are!” Angel said, looking at me and the dog. “What’s with the dog?” she asked me.

   I handed it to Princeton, as I took off my coat. “I had to say something, to get out the house.” I said, with her nodding her head in agreement.

  “Aright, whatever.” She said, shrugging and looked at me. “Let’s get you ready, and Princeton --” she said, and then looked at Princeton having a staring contest with the dog. She sighed, and then snapped her fingers. “Princeton will go get Prodigy ready.”

  Princeton looked at her, and then nodded his head. “Oh yeah.” He said, and then handed the dog to Roc. I walked into the girl’s bathroom, as Angel handed me some clothes to put on when I walked inside the stall. I looked at the outfit. It was a long red dress that showed my back and wrapped nicely around my neck, to make it a strap dress. I shook my head, and then got dressed.

   When I finished, I looked at her. “Where in the world did you get this dress?” I asked her. She shrugged, “Found it.”

     I shook my head again, and then let her do my hair. Angel was a rough handler when it came to doing someone’s hair, but she did make sure it came out nice. I had my hair slicked down, and into a French bun that was nicely to the side. She put non-shimmering lip gloss on my lips, knowing I didn’t like that shimmer stuff, but it was glossy.