Fifty - end

They talked. A lot.

Throughout the first car ride that brought them to the airport. Throughout all the flights, inside crowded trains, on long hikes and morning beach walks. During chill, scarily dark nights and busy afternoons. In cafes, parks and cinemas (although that wasn't recommended).

They talked about everything already brought up, and anything that wasn't said before. About Borderland. The past. Games. Families. Books they've read. Even about Kuina, with aching heart. They would never go a day without talking, had it be meaningless thoughts or deeply serious conversations.

And the more they talked, the faster they realized there was always going to be more they could say. Always excited to wait for the new words that'd come by the next day, as if previous ones weren't enough.

"I'm exhausted" Banda sighed when walking through the doorway. One of the heavy bags hung on his shoulder while his leg kept kicking a large suitcase into the apartment. Chishiya followed, slamming the door shut behind their backs and dropping his own luggage.

"What time is it?"

"Nine. Do we have time to order any food?"

"Should be. Is chinese alright?"

"Damn yes."

The suitcases stayed in the hallway while they left their coats and kicked their shoes off; Chishiya needed a second to catch his breath after three floors of stairs so he leaned against the wall. He felt tired but satisfied to be home, warm and cozy. His eyes landed on a glass display cabinet, full of photos. Need to add another from this trip soon.

Them in Mexico, sitting together on a hot sand; them in Hongkong, posing in front of an unknown art exhibition; them in Sweden, taking a walk around a flower field on a sunny day. Chishiya had to remember to add their newest Nepal selfie to the collection.

I've seen so much in these past months and still can't stop getting excited whenever we come home.

Chishiya immediately headed to the bathroom; he turned on the tall shower, waiting for the water to get warmer before he got in. They had some issues with its temperature sometimes but nothing ever too bothering; they were patient enough.

Chishiya slowly started taking each piece of clothing off his body, glad to finally be able to shower. The car ride was insanely long and his legs demanded a bit of stretching.

"Ordered. The food should be here in thirty minutes" Banda said joining him in the bathroom. His tshirt was already gone, probably abandoned somewhere in the living room. They undressed and in the meantime the water definitely became hot enough.

"Working tomorrow?" Banda asked, wrapping his arms around Chishiya's waist and nibbling on his neck while he slowly led them under the shower. Each droplet landing on the exhausted skin felt like the most wanted christmas gift.

"Mhm" Chishiya murmured into the killer's shoulder, his arm reaching behind Banda's back to grab a shower gel. "I've got a minor surgery scheduled, nothing too serious."

"That's good. Is the new assistant showing up?"

"Supposed to, at least."

Ever since Chishiya had his own, tiny clinic open he didn't need to deal with the guilt of helping only the wealthy ones anymore. His patients usually paid whatever they were able to, and none of the other doctors working there would ever reject a person in need. It could be tiring at times, but still rewarding. His mind was at peace.

"What about you?"

"Murasaki wants me to come by in the morning but I'm free otherwise. I'll clean the house up before our guests show up" Banda assured. Back at his favorite activity, the killer found a job at a local florist's, taking care of the shop's garden and its sales. The truth was none of them really needed to work with the amount of money Banda's family held but they wouldn't want to just do nothing. They wanted to work.