Thirty Four

What's his problem? Can't he just leave me alone?

Chishiya tried his best to pretend Banda's stupid messages didn't bother him at all. Kyuma definitely deserved to enjoy his evening and he wasn't going to ruin it for him. He just had to calm down for a bit. Change the number. Throw his phone away.

"This one's adorable." Kyuma pointed at one of the bats resting upside down. Chishiya looked at it, his hand still shifting the phone in his pocket. Should I actually block Banda's number? I'm kind of curious what else he has to say.

Yeah, no. Block it right away.

"Do you not like bats or did something happen?" Kyuma stopped in front of him suddenly, his face looking a bit worried. Fuck. He couldn't expect a man so smart to be fully oblivious, could he.

"I've got this... weird patient to deal with." Chishiya decided to be honest, as making excuses would be too bothersome. "Need to figure out what to do about it. Sorry, I didn't mean to be so absent."

"It's fine, that's your job. It's very difficult and I know it affects you outside of the hospital."

This man needs to stop being so hot and understanding. Chishiya just nodded, both slowly heading towards the zoo exit. Despite the messages he received midway he still enjoyed the time he spent with Kyuma. He just wished he could do something to thank him for having to put up with so many things.

"If I can help you somehow, let me know. You take care of people's wellbeing on a daily basis but your shift is over so you should focus on yourself now. And tomorrow you have a day off too, right? Then make it feel like one. Stop thinking and just do what you feel like doing." Kyuma's voice was determinated and it filled Chishiya with hope he could feel better.

"I'd like to sleep until afternoon probably. Just look at my dark circles." Chishiya smirked, not expecting the man to cup his face and move his thumbs where the dark spots were. Kyuma smiled subtly.

"They're a bit adorable, to be honest. But not so healthy, I get you."

Chishiya didn't receive compliments that often so he couldn't prepare the right reaction for it. He just stood, letting Kyuma's hand warm his face.

"I like your hair too. I've seen you in a ponytail but honestly just letting your hair be makes you look the hottest."

Oh. Chishiya couldn't find the right answer again. It felt good though. Thanks, Banda, you helped for fucking once.

They spent some time saying their goodbyes and Chishiya caught a night bus, eventually. It was nearly empty and the silence helped him process everything; his forehead rested against a cold window. What was he going to do with Kyuma? Once he invites him over he knows how it'll end. The man was visibly interested in him, to Chishiya's surprise. He seemed almost too caring and too perfect. Maybe it was good to leave it be for now, see what happens.

Chishiya grabbed his phone again, not thinking much.

"How did you get my number?" He sent to Banda, realizing his mind wouldn't calm down about the matter unless he asked directly. He didn't want to give the killer an opportunity to continue the conversation but he was curious. Since it already ruined the time spent with Kyuma he had nothing else to lose.

"Niragi. He helped me get my phone back too. Isn't he great?"

Truly, Chishiya rolled his eyes. He imagined Banda was bored just sitting in the hospital, his messages always coming through so quickly.

Another one appeared on the screen.

"Good to see you reply, at least I know you're alive, hanging out late."