Forty Eight

! +18  !

If there was anything Banda showed interest in, regarding his family's mansion, it would definitely be the garden.

Chishiya hasn't seen a garden like that before; it looked more like an art exhibition, pricey and high-class, very well taken care of. While they walked past the prettiest of flowers Banda passionately talked to him about how he used to take care of all these alone. Years passed, and his family had a long time hired gardeners since then, but Sunato still felt like all those plants belonged to him. And rightfully so.

The sun wasn't visible, heavily coated by clouds, but the temperature was oddly high so both of them laid down on the grass. Banda had his back resting on a tree while Chishiya's head and neck landed on the killer's thighs. Shuntaro closed his eyes, feeling slim fingers play with his much longer bright hair.

"So what's your plan?" Chishiya asked, feeling on his eyelids that Banda stared at his face. The hand in his hair never stopped brushing the messy strands.

"What do you mean?"

"In life. You're out of prison, you're free. Probably bored. What's your plan?"

"Not sure yet." Banda looked up on the sky just then. "Need to figure out what to do with my family still. They're all glad I'm innocent and all, but they've hated me long before I did anything. Once they remind themselves I'm a sociopath they'll probably cut the ties again. You're just gonna have to watch how we play family for a bit."

"And what about... what you did? Do you think your impulses will drive you to the point you'll do it again?"

"You mean kill someone?" Banda specified and Chishiya opened his eyes for a moment, afraid anyone would hear. Luckily for them it was just an empty field around them and nothing else. "I've thought about that a lot. I have my... urge. I'm not an animal but I know I'll get bored eventually. Why, are you gonna try to fix me?"

"A little therapy here and there wouldn't hurt regardless." Chishiya shrugged. "I'm asking because I've been thinking about it too. When you spent time with my sister, that... I didn't know how to react. I felt like I needed to protect her, just in case."

"Miho is adorable" Banda admitted calmly and his hand traveled down from Chishiya's hair to his cheek. He cupped it with something similar to care. "I would never hurt you or your family, I hope you know that. Would you distance yourself from me if I killed again?"

"I've sacrificed many people in Borderland before, I'd be hypocrite."

His eyelids became heavier; he knew he was about to fall asleep soon. The warmth of Banda's body and the smell of freshly cut grass, all this convinced Chishiya that a short nap outside wouldn't be the worst. It reminded him of the times they wandered in the forests of Borderland, then slept together under clear sky. Something inside him trembled.

I've always called you insane for enjoying Borderland more than this world, yet I find myself feeling nostalgic about it now. It was a miserable world, full of death but... There was something to it. Something our reality lacks a lot.

Probably excitement.

Chishiya opened his eyes when the sun appeared to be closer than further away from setting. He sat up, a bit dizzy but relaxed, and looked at Banda who was still napping with his back leaning on the tree. We should probably go.

"Banda."

The killer's eyelids moved slightly and Chishiya felt his hand on his own, their fingers connecting.

"Banda, wake up."

"Yeah, yeah." Banda sighed, brushing his hair then slowly stood up. Chishiya had no clue what their next destination would be; he needed to follow his boyfriend (fuck, he really is my boyfriend) and let him lead the way. They left the massive garden area and as they got closer to the mansion they kept a bit of a distance between each other. Just to be sure.