Sixteen

Chishiya didn't think through how their reuniting would look like - his goal was to just look for Banda and make sure he was alive.

He laid his sleeping bag flat on the ground, somehow trying to make it work for two people. Banda was able to walk but his movement was very limited; Chishiya had to help him lay down on the soft material. Using the desks in abandoned office he created a U-shaped wall around their little space, making it a bit better to sit together.

"We should rest. You especially" Chishiya commaned, knowing the cold night started taking over the Borderland. The sleeping bag wasn't big but it worked as a blanket to separate their bodies from freezing floor. "So how did you escape Niragi?"

"I didn't even have to encounter him or his group really" Banda tried sitting more comfortably, changing his position. "They got distracted enough by someone else, all I had to do was sit still where I was."

Someone else?

"And after that?"

"After that I managed to get closer to the city and find bandages and med kits. So I walked around here, and that's where I've been."

Chishiya nodded in response and they sat in silence for a bit. It felt good, having Banda around again. Like everything was back to where it was supposed to be. He couldn't stop thinking about friends he left behind but at least he finally knew Banda was alright.

His fingers accidentally touched Banda's hand so he moved them somewhere else. They glanced at their hands, then at each other.

A few minutes after, no clue how, Banda was sitting leaning on the wall and Chishiya ended up laying between his legs, his chin resting on Banda's chest as they stared into each other, holding one another in their arms. It was already dark so he couldn't see Banda's face well; just dancing shadows and his shining eyes.

How did they keep ending up in situations like this? Holding each other as if there were any feelings involved, soft touch, bodies so close they shared the same warmth. Banda was a sociopath, far from understanding and showing human emotions; Chishiya basically never opened up, remaining calm and unbothered at all times. They both couldn't be less interested in romantic interactions with others, yet always managed to have semi-intimate moments together, never talking to each other about it afterwards.

Chishiya felt like whoever starts talking about it first would end it once and for all, so they just never chose to do so.

But as weird as it was, it also felt quite alright. If they never brought that up after it happened then it was almost like it never happened. That way they could enjoy the comfort of having a close person without having to think about additional feelings or explanations. Were they doing all that because of how similarly emotionless they were? A bizzare match that had no chance of succeeding but made their hearts feel something, anything, to keep their minds balanced.

"What are you thinking about?" Banda whispered, breaking the silence. It got so dark they couldn't see more than each other's face outlines, yet none of them looked away, gazing into whatever was left in the dark. Once their eyes met, they remained connected.

"If I knew I'd tell you" Chishiya replied, blinking slowly, feeling like his eyes are closing against his will. It was nice, warm and just right to fall asleep. He didn't want to lay on Banda for too long though; he was definitely too heavy. His sight got blurry in a matter of seconds, feeling like he was about to pass out from exhaustion.

"You look tired" Banda pointed out with a subtle smile on his face. He couldn't help but stare at Chishiya like at a porcelain figure in some art museum - something he could only study with his eyes, unreachable otherwise. There was some indescribable beauty in the way Chishiya looked while half-asleep. And Banda really wanted to get the taste of that beauty in order to understand it better.