Two

Oh god. That headache was awful.

Chishiya opened his eyes but couldn't see anything for a good minute or two. After that he spotted a yellow, stained ceiling. Whatever he laid on was comfortable and, well, much different from the cold floor. It felt almost like a normal bed. As if he was back home, in his boring room, wrapped in one of the blankets he secretly hated because of how ugly it was. Something seemed off though. The smell maybe.

Very hospital-like. Painfully familiar.

Chishiya looked around; lots of white, metal furniture, empty pill bottles, a few dirty fabric pieces here and there. Overall like an abandoned hospital he was surely in. Interesting. He could definitely use a free minute to think about what happened if his headache fucked off somewhere.

"I thought it was over for you. Seriously. You passed out for a whole day."

Banda walked in freely, because the room missed its door. Despite his words he didn't look even slightly worried, or concerned for that matter. An almost invisible smile was hiding in the corners of his lips. Chishiya definitely had seen that face expression before.

It was a little difficult to get up and sit on the bed because of his wound, but he quickly realized it got all covered up with bandages. His shoulder felt a little stiff but other than that he was definitely better. Got all warmed up in the covers. It was surprising how clean that bed looked comparing to the rest of things.

"Here. Have some water. You still haven't had any." Banda came closer to the bed and handed him the bottle. Chishiya took a few sips and only then could he feel the soreness of a dry throat. Jesus. How long had it been since the last time he drank?

He waited a bit before drinking some more. Now that something entered his stomach Chishiya knew he needed to eat soon as well. Would be a shame to throw up the only liquid he had.

"Did you bring me here?" he asked, realizing that talking hurt like a bitch. He took more sips from the bottle; it would help eventually.

"Bit of a challenge, but I managed."

Banda stood in the middle of the room, not intending on coming closer now that he handed Chishiya the bottle.

"Why keep me alive?"

"Starving to death in a place like this seems like a waste. Don't you think?"

Chishiya wanted to respond but his head felt heavy and quickly landed back on the pillow. He definitely needed time to rest. The bottle fell on the floor and whatever was left got spilled.

Banda disappeared for a bit and when he came back Chishiya opened his eyes again, intrigued by the smell. Food. Every cell of his body started to silently scream.

"I hope you don't expect me to feed you. I've done enough." Banda pulled Chishiya's uninjured arm to help him sit again. He handed him a small, plastic bowl.

"It's rice mixed with scrambled eggs."

Chishiya didn't need to know what it was. He started eating it almost instantly, while his eyes followed Banda to the window he stood at. Dark-haired man tried to look for something - or someone - out there, through the glass. Didn't seem like he succeeded though.

"What's that?" Chishiya stopped chewing for a second, feeling something hard and bitter in his mouth. He was just about to spit it out but Banda turned to face him.

"Just painkillers. If I wanted to kill you I would've been more creative."

He wasn't wrong. Whatever his intentions were, Chishiya didn't think he was about to get killed then. Not after being dragged into the bed. And with his wounds all taken care of.

"Why would you help me?" Chishiya raised an eyebrow, feeling like he was gaining his energy back. They had no business in becoming friends. What is more, they didn't interact much when they had met before in the first place.

"Told you, it'd be a waste if you died there. I spotted you when walking around. Aren't you a little too smart to let yourself starve and bleed out?"

Banda sat on the corner of the bed and gave him a long, suspicious look. Chishiya knew that guy wanted something from him, matter of time till he figured out what it was.

"Things happen. Banda, was it? The serial killer?"

"I've got better features to focus on." A full smile entered the man's face. "Chishiya, right? The smart-ass."

That was about to get interesting.