Seventeen

! +18   !

A sleeping bag laying on the dirty ground with hoodie used as a pillow was nowhere close to their hospital bed. Or a comfortable tent provided by Arisu, equally great. But even without the comfort of a good mattress Chishiya enjoyed that night, laying next to Banda feeling their shoulders connect and their fingers softly touching when they were asleep. It felt good to have that additional warmth when passed out.

Chishiya opened his eyes first, sitting up and looking around the room - he wished there was a bit less dust around. Blinding sun rays landed right on their faces, hence why Chishiya woke up earlier than intended. He couldn't tell what time it was though.

He glanced at Banda, who was still asleep - a few hairs of his were stuck to his eyelashes, his lips slightly parted. Chishiya sat in a way that blocked the light from Banda's face, trying to let him sleep for longer. He crossed his legs and tried to make as little noise as possible.

How is he twenty six? He looks so young and innocent. I can't imagine him taking someone's life with a face so nice and his hands so soft.

But he did. Even in Solitary Confinement he killed the Jack.

Chishiya brushed Banda's hair back, gently, trying not to wake him up. He thought about bandaging his thigh soon before they'd go - if they'd go. He wondered if Yaba would stick around. He definitely slept somewhere in the area since Chishiya heard him leave the building a bit ago. A Niragi hunt, perhaps. He wasn't sure if he could trust Yaba but if Banda was around he could partner up with him at least.

"Why are you staring at me like a creep?"

Banda suddenly opened his eyes and Chishiya scoffed.

"I was trying to block the sun from landing right at you. But sure, stay ungrateful I guess" he used a fake upset tone. Banda slowly got up, twitching when pain from his leg stroke him all of the sudden.

"I have painkillers. Here."

Chishiya grabbed his backpack searching for a bit, then handed a bottle of pills to Banda. He thanked with a nod. "So, about Yaba. Are you staying with him?"

"I don't know. Doesn't seem like he's happy about me being injured. He'll probably go his own way, like he did earlier."

"And what's your plan?"

"Probably just die of boredom, since I can't do much when limping." Banda shrugged. "How's your shoulder?"

"All good now. And you won't die of boredom. If you let me bandage the wound and numb you with pills you'll walk just fine." Chishiya handed him a pack of dry biscuits and started eating some himself. He was really glad Usagi packed him so many things, despite not having much herself. Banda also laid his eyes on the backpack at the same time.

"Did your friend give you this?"

"A group of friends. I reunited with them for that short while we were apart."

"Then why did you come back here?" Banda rested his head on a cold, dirty wall. "Why didn't you stay with them?"

"Because I promised you I'd be back. And they could do just fine without me, I needed to make sure you're alive" Chishiya answered as honestly as he could. Banda looked... sad. Maybe more disappointed, or lost.

"You made sure now. Do you not want to stay with them?"

"It's not like I don't" Chishiya had to think about his words, not sure how he really felt about leaving his friends. He didn't mind being with them, or with Banda, or alone. But maybe the best way would've been to team up all together from the beginning. "Well, to be fair I actually don't know how to finish my thought. I'll put a bandage on your wound now." He changed the topic.