Ten

Two days passed, and with multiple injuries and no games in sight Borderland got painfully boring. 

It certainly wasn't that Chishiya would rather go on a killing spree with other players. In fact, he was very much alright with staying away from games for a bit, letting his wounds heal and enjoying the amount of food supplies. Something interesting could  have been happening in the meantime though. Banda had some books and that was all Chishiya would try to focus on. They also knew it was about time to start monitoring whatever was left for them in the basement, since two of them using food and water quickly reduced the amount of savings.

While Chishiya usually stayed in the hospital area Banda was often leaving and coming back a few hours later, usually providing pretty vague explanations. He'd look for corpses scattered around, taking things worth stealing, when also hunting for animals and looking for games. Chishiya didn't like staying in the same place for long but in all honesty he also didn't feel like going with Banda most of the time. He sensed the man didn't quite trust him yet. As if he kept wainting until Chishiya tried to escape again, escpecially when attempting to leave the hospital for non-important reasons.

He needed to gain his trust once more, for as long as he wasn't the one carrying a gun.

Chishiya was almost done preparing the food - unlike Banda, he figured out how to create fairly normal ingredient combinations. Slowly stirring the dish, he listened to Banda's steps echoing through the building as he kept coming closer. Eventually the door opened. 

It must have rained a bit, since Banda's hair had droplets stuck in between strands.

"No animals around this time."

"That's fine, we don't need meat for that. Canned tomatoes did the job." Chishiya nodded at the pot on the tiny stove they'd usually make use of.

Banda sat on the bed, watching the other man's hands as Chishiya kept stirring the food. His eyes followed the movements with some kind of admiration. Maybe.

"You're way better at this than I am."

"Yeah, no wonder. You're a bit stupid" Chishiya pointed out casually. Banda decided to ignore that comment and just kept gazing at man's silhouette. Despite his personality, Chishiya definitely had a baby face, and with addition of the long, white hair he looked like some kind of j-pop artist or a model. Though Banda knew he most likely wouldn't have been either of those. Stuff like that just  didn't suit Chishiya, it seemed, even with perfect appearance for that profession.

"What did you do before appearing in Borderland?" Banda asked, playing with the edge of his shirt's sleeve mindlessly.

"Why would my answer matter? I might just lie. I can say whatever and you'll never know if it's bullshit. I guess I can help you out and say it most likely will be." Chishiya didn't even bother looking back at him. Banda sighed to himself, laying down on the bed.

"That's the point. You can say whatever you want. It doesn't matter, I don't care if it's true or not. The point is that we'll have something to talk about."

A short moment of silence.

"I guess you're right" Chishiya finally replied. "Fair then. I used to be a doctor."

"Doctor?" Banda repeated, nodding almost invisibly. Interesting. He noticed Chishiya knew what he was doing most of the time but was it as far as a doctor's skill? Sounded like a pretty bad lie. "Ambitious. How did your patients treat you?"

"They liked me, I think. But who wouldn't be friendly after you save their life?"

"You?" Banda said automatically, knowing well it wasn't a question that needed answers. He gestured towards Chishiya to carry on.