Forty One

"If you're from somewhere else" Banda sat on the edge of a roof, watching the empty Tokyo from above. "How come you remember me but nothing besides that?"

"We met in my reality. I told you, you're my patient." Chishiya just observed his back, familiar yet so difficult to recognize what actually happened between them in this world.

"Tell me more" Banda asked, curious. He didn't seem to quite believe Chishiya's words but he could be intrigued regardless.

It was a beautiful day with sun burning their backs, making them run out of water within two hours.

"It kind of went further than that. By accident" Chishiya admitted with hesitation. "But it's been fun. We've had food together, played games, walked in the middle of the night. It's pretty fun except for when I know you risk getting caught. Each time you sneak out, that is."

"From a hospital?"

"Right. You're recovering from a coma after the explosion..."

"What explosion?" Banda suddenly frowned. His mind seemed to try and figure out if he's got a memory of it and Chishiya wondered if it was possible Banda knew something about it.

"There was an explosion at Shibuya station."

Banda went silent, processing what he just heard.

"It's like... I know something about it. But I can't tell why, I have no memory of it."

"It happened in-"

Chishiya woke up on a sofa in his office, covered by a thin blanket. The window kept letting more sun rays in, hitting his face. He knew it was a good enough sign to give up sleep and try figuring out what happened last night.

He shivered from coldness as blanket fell off his body and his naked chest covered in goosebumps. Only when he sat up did he notice Banda sitting by the desk. He watched Chishiya from a distance, head resting on his hand as his elbow remained on the wooden surface.

"Hangover?" he asked simply. Chishiya slowly nodded. He felt awful and wasn't sure if alcohol was there to blame but he didn't want to argue. All the memories weren't brought back yet.

"I should start working soon" he murmured but Banda shook his head, rest of his body barely moving.

"No. Niragi and Tatta took care of it. They confirmed you're sick and at home so you're free today. You'll just have to figure out how to get out of the office without being spotted."

Chishiya rubbed his eyes, slowly reminding himself of what he forgot about the previous night. That suddenly made him shake, his body grossed out at the thought of Kyuma's hands trying to use the situation. I was drunk and he just treated it as a good opportunity. I swear if I ever see him again.

"Kyuma" Chishiya said out loud, the name momentarily making Banda's eyelids twitch.

"Don't have to worry about him anymore. He won't bother you again."

"Is he dead?" Chishiya raised an eyebrow but Banda just chuckled in response.

"No, sadly. I just... nudged him a little bit, enough to make him not want to return. Niragi had his part in it too, you should thank him for that."

Chishiya stared into nothing for a bit, his mind not quite used to the chaos it experienced. Kyuma was perfect, he was the embodiment of everything Chishiya would possibly need. So why? Has he just been blind the entire time, thinking Kyuma actually cared about his wellbeing? Was Chishiya just another target he got impatient with?

"I'm sorry your date didn't go as planned" Banda said quietly, noticing Chishiya got stuck in a train of thought. "I'm sure you'll find someone better eventually. Just be careful."